The Student Room Group

Driving test

I have a driving test today, it's my forth one, I'm very worried, I tend to go the whole test with no faults and then nerves get me in the end and I fail, any tips on how to control nerves or what to do or think of whilst driving
Original post by Nobzyy96
I have a driving test today, it's my forth one, I'm very worried, I tend to go the whole test with no faults and then nerves get me in the end and I fail, any tips on how to control nerves or what to do or think of whilst driving

Did you pass?
Reply 3
Original post by accountant-future
Did you pass?

Nope I failed, it was at the end I took a wrong turn on a roundabout, I did it properly tho but this wrong turn would've took me about 10 miles away from the test which I then had to go through a single carriage country road to get back to the road towards the test centre
Reply 4
Nope I failed, it was at the end I took a wrong turn on a roundabout, I did it properly tho but this wrong turn would've took me about 10 miles away from the test which I then had to go through a single carriage country road to get back to the road towards the test centre

I have another test tomorrow, Its really just my nerves that get to me always near the end of the test :-(
I have another test tomorrow, Its really just my nerves that get to me always near the end of the test :-(

Good luck. I was nervous too, but I didn't think about it, and just concentrated on driving. I did not research about the test on the day, and I believed in myself, even though I wasn't that confident. I passed, 2 minors, first time. You got it!
Original post by arjanvirdi
Good luck. I was nervous too, but I didn't think about it, and just concentrated on driving. I did not research about the test on the day, and I believed in myself, even though I wasn't that confident. I passed, 2 minors, first time. You got it!

How'd it go?
Reply 7
How'd it go?

Hey thanks, it went great and I passed with 5 minors🕺 I still can't believe I've managed to do it😊
Hey thanks, it went great and I passed with 5 minors🕺 I still can't believe I've managed to do it😊

Congratulations

Many congratulations!

If you're anything like me, you'll stare at your new licence for AGEEEES as soon as you get it in a few weeks time!!
Reply 10
Original post by Blue_Cow
Many congratulations!

If you're anything like me, you'll stare at your new licence for AGEEEES as soon as you get it in a few weeks time!!

Hello, thankyouu I did do that I did for ages and sometimes I still can't believe I've passed, but I'm kinda stuck coz my dad might buy me a car today and I don't have enough b
for insurance but tax so I don't know what to do like can I leave it outside my home or not😩
Reply 11
Congratulations

Hey thanks😊
Reply 12
Hello, thankyouu I did do that I did for ages and sometimes I still can't believe I've passed, but I'm kinda stuck coz my dad might buy me a car today and I don't have enough b
for insurance but tax so I don't know what to do like can I leave it outside my home or not😩

The car has to be insured/taxed if it's on a public road. You could SORN it if there's somewhere off-road you can store it (garage, driveway, etc.). But it's probably not a good idea to go ahead with the purchase if the car's just gonna be sitting around and losing its value.
Reply 13
Original post by Dez
The car has to be insured/taxed if it's on a public road. You could SORN it if there's somewhere off-road you can store it (garage, driveway, etc.). But it's probably not a good idea to go ahead with the purchase if the car's just gonna be sitting around and losing its value.

Cheers for that I didn't buy the car, I'm but going to buy 1 on the Saturday coming up but I will have to tax and insure it after
Well done for passing your test, I had the same problem with nerves and took five goes 🤦🏻*♀️. But it doesn’t make a difference now I’ve been driving a couple of months and love it :wink: . What car are you getting? Freeedommmm
Reply 15
Original post by Maryelizabeth21
Well done for passing your test, I had the same problem with nerves and took five goes 🤦🏻*♀️. But it doesn’t make a difference now I’ve been driving a couple of months and love it :wink: . What car are you getting? Freeedommmm

Thanks, I passed on my fifth time too👌🏽 I have a Corsa 1.3 diesel which hasn't been much help to me I bought it for 900 spent 140 on a water pump after a day of driving the car and then now spending 700 ok a new engine as it's completely knackered😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending