The Student Room Group

Relationship advice

Hey guys I am in serious need of some relationship advice! So my ex and I were having a really rocky relationship so he broke up with me for another girl. He told me that she was only a rebound because he needed to get over me since we weren’t working out. This girl he is now dating doesn’t live in the UK it’s an online relationship. I met up with him last week and he began crying as we were saying bye and kept saying he loved me and that he’s sorry. I have been asking him to hang out but he keeps saying he isn’t sure if he should as he knows all his feelings for me will come out. He said I have to convince him that being with me is a good idea... what do I do!! Please don’t say that he isn’t worth getting back with. I Just want advice on how to convince him it’s a good idea to get back with Me”
Original post by Anonymous
a really rocky relationship

he broke up with me for another girl.

He said I have to convince him that being with me is a good idea

I Just want advice on how to convince him it’s a good idea to get back with Me”

Questions: What exactly is the appeal in this guy? What has changed so radically since you broke up that has suddenly made him a man worth fighting for?

Don't be such a love fool. Have more respect/dignity for yourself!

Maybe you should listen to all those people telling you that it's not a good idea to go back to him.
Original post by Feastful
Questions: What exactly is the appeal in this guy? What has changed so radically since you broke up that has suddenly made him a man worth fighting for?

Don't be such a love fool. Have more respect/dignity for yourself!

Maybe you should listen to all those people telling you that it's not a good idea to go back to him.

I agree with the statement above OP. I made the same mistake of going back to the same person time and time again because i thought things had changed. you need to see if he really means what he says. otherwise as hard as it may seem. you need to move on. forget about him and get on with your life. x
Hey guys I am in serious need of some relationship advice! So my ex and I were having a really rocky relationship so he broke up with me for another girl. He told me that she was only a rebound because he needed to get over me since we weren’t working out. This girl he is now dating doesn’t live in the UK it’s an online relationship. I met up with him last week and he began crying as we were saying bye and kept saying he loved me and that he’s sorry. I have been asking him to hang out but he keeps saying he isn’t sure if he should as he knows all his feelings for me will come out. He said I have to convince him that being with me is a good idea... what do I do!! Please don’t say that he isn’t worth getting back with. I Just want advice on how to convince him it’s a good idea to get back with Me”
If he really wanted to be with you then he would hang out with you and would not of left you for someone else, hard truth
He "cried"

life is too short to stress over a boy who needs you to give REASONS for him to be with you. Sounds like he thinks he’s the bees knees🙄
Reply 6
Yeah it’s just really complicated because if he really didn’t want me then he would’ve just blocked and deleted. But he makes it his mission to talk to me and tell me not to talk to any Other guys cos he still wants me..
Yeah it’s just really complicated because if he really didn’t want me then he would’ve just blocked and deleted. But he makes it his mission to talk to me and tell me not to talk to any Other guys cos he still wants me..

1. Not blocking & deleting you doesn't mean anything (people split up but remain in contact all the time).

2. Trying to prevent you from speaking to other guys is not healthy loving behaviour, it's possessive, controlling and jealous behaviour (serious red flag behaviour there!).

If he wanted to be with you then he wouldn't be trying to make you jump through hoops to remain in contact with him.
Reply 8
I understand what you’re saying! I’m just trying to see him from his perspective. Like our relationship was going downhill and then this girl came along and made him happy and he thought that maybe by using her he could get over me..? I don’t understand why he would prevent me from talking to other guys if he didn’t still love me a bit, do you know why? I’m hopeless at romantic things!😂
I understand what you’re saying! I’m just trying to see him from his perspective.

There is trying to see something from another person's perspective, and then there is clutching at straws.

Like our relationship was going downhill and then this girl came along and made him happy and he thought that maybe by using her he could get over me..?

Alternatively your relationship was going downhill and he left you for someone else because he didn't care much about you at all.

Leaving someone for another is not something you do if you care about them.

I don’t understand why he would prevent me from talking to other guys if he didn’t still love me a bit, do you know why? I’m hopeless at romantic things!😂

As said, it's possessive, controlling etc behaviour.

You come off as being so desperately in love with him, that you're just about ready to believe any sort of BS he spins and grasp at any straws of hope that he offers you.

Don't do it.
Things ended for good reason. Have some respect for yourself and don't lower yourself to this. This guy doesn't genuinely care about your wellbeing. You need to focus on moving on (with your head held high) instead of trying to crawl and eke your way back into your ex's (who is no catch of a guy and who sounds dispassionate/reluctant about getting back with you regardless!) life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending