The Student Room Group

Success after 30?

Is it still possible to succeed after 30? Meaning make good money and lead a good life rather than have a bunch of kids and drink lots of alcohol.
Obviously going to be a lot harder, but it is possible. Depends on the circumstances
Reply 2
I'm 31 and it took me the better part of a decade to get where I am now; I'm by no means done. So possible, but requires dedication and maybe starting from zero. Not many people want to/have the ability (responsibilities etc) to do that at 30+, I suppose.
So basically if you don't achieve things in your 20s you will live a failed life?????
yes of course it is!
Is this a joke? Age is but a number. You can reinvent yourself whenever you like, success can be defined in many different ways.

As life goes on, sure it gets harder because you’ve more competing priorities, you may not be able to stop work to study full time. But if you’ve got drive and commitment then there’s no reason you can’t success or become more successful after the age of 30.

My mum raised the kids until she was almost 40, worked a dead end job until the last of the kids were in their mid teens (when she was about 50) but now, at almost 60 is doing so well in her career having kicked the a**e of 25-30 year olds who started at the same level about the same time as them!
What on earth are you talking about??

Who invented this rule that you can't do anything after you're 30?

Life is what you make it. This is 2018. Not everybody is married with kids by the time they're 30 anymore. Be hip and don't do what everyone else does.
(edited 5 years ago)
No, people that become successful early are exceptions not the rule. For most people it's lots of setbacks and failures that they learn from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending