The Student Room Group

The struggle of being born in August

Finding it hard to find summer internships or even summer jobs because they all require me to be 18 - though, I am in the academic year where everyone is pretty much 18 already. Also my birthday is at the END of August so by the time I reach 18, I pretty much dont have any time for summer work before i'm off to uni! ... is it still worth a try to apply for these placements, or do I legally have to be 18 lol

Also hahaha can't really go and have drinks with my friends in the summer, even if I wanted to! Lovely.
Original post by Anonymous
Finding it hard to find summer internships or even summer jobs because they all require me to be 18 - though, I am in the academic year where everyone is pretty much 18 already. Also my birthday is at the END of August so by the time I reach 18, I pretty much dont have any time for summer work before i'm off to uni! ... is it still worth a try to apply for these placements, or do I legally have to be 18 lol

Also hahaha can't really go and have drinks with my friends in the summer, even if I wanted to! Lovely.

Plenty of time for drinking at uni. If you can then get a summer job to earn £. it will make everything easier.
Original post by Anonymous

Ouch, I'm mid-August but didn't realise this existed but I see why it's an issue.

But you can go drinking with your friends at a bar, just not alcohol.
i was born at the beginning of august so i used to always feel too young, theres no harm trying to apply for things even if your slightly under 18, you'll be 18 in afew months so no1 mite have a problem, if ppl are strict on their policies then fair enough but they wont take u to court and sue you for trying to apply at age 17, go ahead and apply cos you never know you mite get accepted/employed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending