The Student Room Group

Too late for vet school?

So basically, when I begun a levels I wanted to be a vet, but after some time of not doing so well I thought I was too stupid for the entry requirements and gave up. I recently did mocks and achieved an A in biology, an A in chemistry and a C in physics. If I push the C in physics up to a B (which I think is possible), will summer be long enough to get enough work experience for vet school? Will AAB be enough to get in?

Many thanks.
Original post by bobtheblob123
So basically, when I begun a levels I wanted to be a vet, but after some time of not doing so well I thought I was too stupid for the entry requirements and gave up. I recently did mocks and achieved an A in biology, an A in chemistry and a C in physics. If I push the C in physics up to a B (which I think is possible), will summer be long enough to get enough work experience for vet school? Will AAB be enough to get in?

Many thanks.

Yes if you can manage it. From what I recall there were places in clearing last year.

In the event there arent or you fail to get the experience [it can be very hard], then if you really want to do it, then apply the following year.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes if you can manage it. From what I recall there were places in clearing last year.

In the event there arent or you fail to get the experience [it can be very hard], then if you really want to do it, then apply the following year.

Okay, cheers. I should hopefully be able to get the experience since my area is well suited in terms of work experience with animals. And if I don’t get in this year then I will apply next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending