The Student Room Group

Certified documents for Uni finance- EU student

I'm a EU student applying for student finance (tuition fee only). I have been living in England for more than 2 years. I've got all the documents i need to send by post, but i would like to know if you would need to certify every piece of your parents documentations, such as, their passports, income taxes, work contracts, salary etc, or will it be fine if you send those copies without certification? I have got my passport and EU ID card certified, I'm just questioning weather or not i should certify my father's documents as well.

I know I'm really late on this subject but i have been struggling with certifications for a bit already.

Thank you
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Listerine_0
Im a EU student applying for a student loan (tuition fee only). I have been living in england for more than 2 years.

I've got all the documents i need to send by post, but i would like to know if you would need tovcertify every piece of your parents docuementations, such as, their passport, income tax, work contract, salary etc, or will it be fine if you send those copies without certification? I have got all my docuements certified

I know im really late on this subject but i have been struggling with the certification thing for a bit already.

Thanks

Hi Listerine_0,

To help you better, can I ask if you are applying as an EU/EEA National or a family member of an EU/EEA National for the Tuition Fee Loan only on the EU18N application form?

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Hi Rona,

On the form i ticked 'Yes' i'm a EU national. But then i ticked 'yes' again on the 'i'm a family member of a EU national'. I'm not sure if that makes any difference. If it does could you explain very briefly what would that means. I can still change it. On the form It says if you are a EU national 'go to section b1' which makes you skip the 'EU family section'. Should i untick that part or should i leave it as it is.

Thank you
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi Rona,

On the form i ticked 'Yes' i'm a EU national. But then i ticked 'yes' again on the 'i'm a family member of a EU national'. I'm not sure if that makes any difference. If it does could you explain very briefly what would that means. I can still change it. On the form It says if you are a EU national 'go to section b1' which makes you skip the 'EU family section'. Should i untick that part or should i leave it as it is.

Thank you

Hi Listerine_0,

If you can go back and untick and go on to section b1.

You can be confident that we will only require your own identity evidence.

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Listerine_0,

If you can go back and untick and go on to section b1.

You can be confident that we will only require your own identity evidence.

Thanks Rona

Hi Rona

In that case, if i untick the box, i will not have to send my father's passport or identity card certified copies? However, i would still have to send his income taxes, payslips, salary as well as his contracts copies etc. Will these copies need to be certified by someone?

Thank you
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi Rona

In that case, if i untick the box, i will not have to send my father's passport or identity card certified copies? However, i would still have to send his income taxes, payslips, salary as well as his contracts copies etc. Will these copies need to be certified by someone?

Thank you

Hi Listerine_0,

No if you are an EU/EEA National, applying for a Tuition Fee Loan only, untick the box, we only need your identity evidence, we do not require any identity or financial evidence for your dad.

Thanks Rona
Reply 6
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Listerine_0,

No if you are an EU/EEA National, applying for a Tuition Fee Loan only, untick the box, we only need your identity evidence, we do not require any identity or financial evidence for your dad.

Thanks Rona

Hi Rona
Thank you very much. I really appreciate the help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending