The Student Room Group

I feel like I need a man

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
so someone like me then

and who would you be :lol:

Original post by ProRoadman
Could you describe what your ideal guy is?

my ideal guy is someone whos funny and intelligent, I need to able to connect with him as a whole like spirtually too not just looks. honestly just need someone I can trust with my feelings and stuff. Thats about it tbh
Original post by Dark_Knight123
Hi, 20 year old turning 21 so thought id weigh in. From my experience, i agree with what you and quite a few other people have said in that you have to take your time and keep trying and focusing on finding someone who you can see yourself with for a bit of time, cause its unlikely to happen without a bit of instigation.... on a more positive note your not the only one im in the exact same position as you and im experiencing the same sort of emotions and feelings as you are at this moment. Take the advice that others in the thread have suggested cause they sound good and if you want more advice/help feel free to pm me! good luck!

I've realised I cant stay inside my house and hope someone comes and talks to me :lol: I'll keep a look out! thank you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I've realised I cant stay inside my house and hope someone comes and talks to me :lol: I'll keep a look out! thank you :smile:

Tbh, i'm kinda interested. Been looking 4b someone as well
Original post by So Instinct
This myth probably creates a lot of lonely people.

Why would you not be proactive and put yourself in positions to find love? Thus significantly increases your chances of finding it. Rather than waiting on the small miracle that it will wander into your life with no effort on your side to find it.

Is there any aspect of life where you can expect to achieve your aims without putting the work into achieving them? It's a completely counterintuitive thought pattern that is just said to get people to remember that finding a partner should be what you do along side achieving self growth.

For all you know and it's probably likely the mature guy you click with, is on a dating side right now, doing what mature guys do- interacting with people, but you're not doing anything to be found.

youve made quite a few valid points, you're right, I'm not doing anything to increase my chances of finding a guy. Majority of the poeple on here are saying to put myself out there and hopefully with a bit of courage I do that. Thank you :smile:
Yeah it's normal to feel the need to have someone by your side. If you want to meet more people, meet your friend's friends, I think it's best to start out that way because there is someone who can vouch for them. Also go out with friends to pubs and you'll meet more people. Just beware of guys who only want to sleep with you. They'll be pretty easy to spot once you speak with them so be careful of that because that could dampen your experience in the dating world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending