The Student Room Group

Applying to university later in life.

Currently. I'm 19 and I didnt do particularly well at school with a levels or college. I blame myself for most of that because with my a levels I panicked in the exam and with college I didn't focus to even complete the bare minimum to pass, even though the exams were harder than we thought.

I'm in a part time job and I'm looking at Apprenticeships and Access courses but I want to know if you can still go to university after doing those things. I don't know if it's "acceptable" or if it's seen as "well you took your time to get here" kind of thing. .

I'm not sure about going anyway since it may be too difficult for me since I've not had the greatest record of education and I'd rather try to make myself more successful in a job.

also the lack of a car and driving license at 19 really impairs my availability and ability to do a lot of stuff currently but I'm finding it hard to figure out if getting another part time job or an apprenticeship will even cover those costs.

Sorry for it being so lengthy. I know with colleges you can enter at almost any age regarding that you have the finance at 19 and above since your not bound to free education by the government.
Original post by Centurion_Sam
Currently. I'm 19 and I didnt do particularly well at school with a levels or college. I blame myself for most of that because with my a levels I panicked in the exam and with college I didn't focus to even complete the bare minimum to pass, even though the exams were harder than we thought.

I'm in a part time job and I'm looking at Apprenticeships and Access courses but I want to know if you can still go to university after doing those things. I don't know if it's "acceptable" or if it's seen as "well you took your time to get here" kind of thing. .

I'm not sure about going anyway since it may be too difficult for me since I've not had the greatest record of education and I'd rather try to make myself more successful in a job.

also the lack of a car and driving license at 19 really impairs my availability and ability to do a lot of stuff currently but I'm finding it hard to figure out if getting another part time job or an apprenticeship will even cover those costs.

Sorry for it being so lengthy. I know with colleges you can enter at almost any age regarding that you have the finance at 19 and above since your not bound to free education by the government.

You don't have to go to uni anyway. Work out what is is you want to do and then you can work out what qualifications you need. An apprenticeship is meant to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to do a specific job so you may not need uni after.

People return to education at various stages of their lives so don't worry about going to uni later.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending