The Student Room Group

Proof of residency for Student finance

Hi. I have done what was required of me for my student finance application but just got an email asking for proof of residency. I am Portuguese and was born and raised here in London, yet on the 5-year residency form, I have to answer questions, such as 'When did you move to the UK' and 'Why did you move to the UK'. How am I supposed to answer that if I was born here?? This is all definitely because I sent my Portuguese passport (don't have a British one, but I am eligible), but the place of birth on my passport clearly states 'United Kingdom'.
I am considering sending an exam certificate for GCSE and AS Level as proof btw.

Thanks
Original post by JackAb
Hi. I have done what was required of me for my student finance application but just got an email asking for proof of residency. I am Portuguese and was born and raised here in London, yet on the 5-year residency form, I have to answer questions, such as 'When did you move to the UK' and 'Why did you move to the UK'. How am I supposed to answer that if I was born here?? This is all definitely because I sent my Portuguese passport (don't have a British one, but I am eligible), but the place of birth on my passport clearly states 'United Kingdom'.
I am considering sending an exam certificate for GCSE and AS Level as proof btw.

Thanks

Your certificates are not proof of residency.

You moved to the uk on your dob. Your reasons for moving to the uk are whatever the reason your parents moved here.

Answer the questions as well as you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending