The Student Room Group

End of Exams Revision [Guide]

A guide to revising in June

Welcome to our final revision this month guide! Exam season isn't far from over, so here's some final tips for revising for these last few exams, keeping up motivation and as always keeping care of yourself :yep:

First off, some tips on how to stay motivated when others are finishing from @Labrador99
With the way exams are spread out over several weeks, it's inevitable that some people will finish all of their exams before others. So while some of your friends and classmates get to relax and enjoy the nicer summer weather, your exam timetable might mean you have to keep studying to finish off those last few exams. It can be really difficult to keep motivated while others relax, so here's some tips to help you keep up the momentum until the end!

Remember how far you've come!

By the time others are finishing, you've probably already completed the majority of your exams, so well done! But, the exams towards the end are no less important that the ones at the beginning of exam season, so don't give up your efforts now!
[*] Keep your goals and strengths in mind.
If you're struggling to find motivation, reminding yourself of your goals and strengths can help you to make a plan and refocus your efforts.
[*]Use the TSR All Day Revision Thread! The all day revision thread is a community of students who use each other to keep up their revision motivation, so there's bound to be other people there who are in the same position as you!
[*]Don't start the celebrations too early. Everyone celebrates the end of exams differently, but a celebration will almost always feel better if it's well deserved. So though it can be difficult to watch on as others celebrate, keep up your revision and you can enjoy the rewards in the days to come!
[*]But, despite that, it's still important to take some time out for yourself...

Next, some self care tips from @furryface12

You're almost there! A few weeks and this exam season will be done, sooner for a lot of you. That doesn't mean it's not still important to be looking after yourself though. A few more treats for yourself might be nice but make sure you're eating properly as well. Keep hydrated and take regular breaks , some exercise might also help but that's up to you.
Most importantly though- sleep! We always say this but if you're too tired in the exam, you won't do well. So make sure you're getting as much as you can each night and listening to your body when it says stop. If you do all this, you will be fine! And give yourself as much of a chance as possible in those last few exams. Good luck!!

Finally, some tips for revising for these last few exams:

They’re dwindling fast! You’re nearly there! But there’s a couple left...
If you’re approaching your last few exams, it might be worth getting your head around exactly what’s left for you , and what you need to do in the time you’ve got left. I’d write up a list of remaining exams and see if there are any gaps in the notes/resources you have. If so, I’d get these sorted first so that you can spend the rest of your time focusing on revising them. Ensure you’re using as many past papers as possible and identifying any areas of weakness.
It may also be worth having a little declutter (if you haven’t already burnt your books as you’ve gone along :giggle: ). This way you won’t waste time searching through notes/books to find what you need.
As mentioned, ensure that within your plan, there is time in there for yourself!

Good luck with your exams! :goodluck: Each and every one of you can do it :rave:
We hope these guides have helped you this year, you can look on our other guides here for future reference: Christmas, Mocks, Feb Half Term, The long revision season, Easter,Exam season and May half term
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

thank you! :adore:
Original post by laurawatt
thank you! :adore:

How have exams been going for you? :smile:
Reply 3
Saved my life thanks
Original post by Zaspo
Saved my life thanks

You’re welcome! How have your exams been going so far? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by brainzistheword
You’re welcome! How have your exams been going so far? :smile:

good.
Reply 6
No more gsces!! (intial😑 reaction)(now) 😂 Tears of happiness 🎂🎊
Original post by kate426
No more gsces!! (intial😑 reaction)(now) 😂 Tears of happiness 🎂🎊

Congratulations! How do you think they went? And what would you like to do next? :h:
How have exams been going for you? :smile:

just have end of year mocks this year, and most of them are in the next few weeks :biggrin: will definitely be using these tips though!!
thank you so much for the motivation and encouragement, really needed it and this thread really helped......:happy2:
Congratulations! How do you think they went? And what would you like to do next? :h:

Actually im pretty sure they went bad😣😥
'End of exams revision tips' I'm only half way. 6 done, got 6 to go
Original post by The-Hof123
'End of exams revision tips' I'm only half way. 6 done, got 6 to go

It's the last 3 weeks of a 9 week exam season on TSR so it's end of exams in comparison :tongue: Also, this is more aimed at GCSE students a lot of whom finish on Friday :giggle:
Good luck with the rest of your exams!

Original post by jesusjessica15
thank you so much for the motivation and encouragement, really needed it and this thread really helped......:happy2:

Glad this helped to motivate you :smile:
Yeah that's fair enough. Timewise it is for me too. I started on the 12th May, finishing on 25th June. I'm in it for the long haul xD Done 1 3 hour one today, and got 2 1.5 hour ones tomorrow :smile:)))))))))))))))
Yeah that's fair enough. Timewise it is for me too. I started on the 12th May, finishing on 25th June. I'm in it for the long haul xD Done 1 3 hour one today, and got 2 1.5 hour ones tomorrow :smile:)))))))))))))))

That's a long exam season for so few exams :eek: Good luck!
Original post by Lemur14
That's a long exam season for so few exams :eek: Good luck!

Yes and no. it is, but there's been 2 weeks with no exams, and 2 weeks with only 1 exam. I've got 4 this week, had 2 last week. got 2 next week
Yes and no. it is, but there's been 2 weeks with no exams, and 2 weeks with only 1 exam. I've got 4 this week, had 2 last week. got 2 next week

I'd have lost all motivation by now ngl

I am in awe! I bet that cannot be easy!!
Original post by kate426
Actually im pretty sure they went bad😣😥

Often you’ve done better than you may think :smile: don’t worry about them now as you can’t change them. Enjoy your ell earned summer break :h:

Original post by jesusjessica15

Pleased that you find it helpful! How has everything been going for you so far? :smile:
I am in awe! I bet that cannot be easy!!

yeah especially when you're the only one in your school doing most of the exams. the first 2 and the last one I'm the only one doing them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending