The Student Room Group

Need help

I was excluded from biochemistry and then it was found out I was suffering from severe depression for years. So I contacted my ex-uni in hopes of them hearing me out, they did but they said their hands were tied. I ask them if I can reapply via Lucas, they said sure, you can do that. So right now, I found out I got rejected by them for the same course and their reason for rejection was that "You've been excluded for Biochemistry in February 2018" First of all they excluded me in October 2017 and secondly, the support manager said I could reapply to the same course. WTF do I do now??? I have proof of emails she said that I could reapply.
Original post by batmanhulk
I was excluded from biochemistry and then it was found out I was suffering from severe depression for years. So I contacted my ex-uni in hopes of them hearing me out, they did but they said their hands were tied. I ask them if I can reapply via Lucas, they said sure, you can do that. So right now, I found out I got rejected by them for the same course and their reason for rejection was that "You've been excluded for Biochemistry in February 2018" First of all they excluded me in October 2017 and secondly, the support manager said I could reapply to the same course. WTF do I do now??? I have proof of emails she said that I could reapply.

Why is it important you go to this particular uni?
Did you provide medical evidence?
You may be able to appeal on the grounds they have illegally discriminated against you and get them to reconsider.
https://www.gov.uk/equality-advisory-support-service
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Why is it important you go to this particular uni?
Did you provide medical evidence?
You may be able to appeal on the grounds they have illegally discriminated against you and get them to reconsider.
https://www.gov.uk/equality-advisory-support-service

I didn't know I was suffering from severe depression at the moment of my exclusion, so when I was appealing I didn't think much of it until my doctor gave me my diagnosis that I was suffering from severe depression and borderline psychosis at the end of the appeal. Because I already appealed once, they won't take into account this new information. Why I want to go to this university is that it will make my life easier as my dad makes my life a living hell if I don't go to a nearby university and also I already know most of the specification so it be easier if I learn from them.
Original post by batmanhulk
I didn't know I was suffering from severe depression at the moment of my exclusion, so when I was appealing I didn't think much of it until my doctor gave me my diagnosis that I was suffering from severe depression and borderline psychosis at the end of the appeal. Because I already appealed once, they won't take into account this new information. Why I want to go to this university is that it will make my life easier as my dad makes my life a living hell if I don't go to a nearby university and also I already know most of the specification so it be easier if I learn from them.

Have a talk with eass and the disabiliy officer at the uni.

I am assuming you still have a disability.

You should make an appeal though based in the fact the reason they are using then theres new evidence and also the woman said you could.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending