The Student Room Group

embarrassing health problem.

I am nearly 15 years old and I still wear pull-ups/ daipers because I poo myself. It's obviously not as simple as just sit on the loo, whenever I need to go, otherwise it would have been fixed years ago. So any advice to stop pooing myself?
Original post by Edland64
I am nearly 15 years old and I still wear pull-ups/ daipers because I poo myself. It's obviously not as simple as just sit on the loo, whenever I need to go, otherwise it would have been fixed years ago. So any advice to stop pooing myself?

Have you talked to your GP?
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Have you talked to your GP?

Yes I have, my next appointment with my doctor isn't until August 24th though.
Yes I have, my next appointment with my doctor isn't until August 24th though.

See if you can get an earlier one. That seems rather late.
Reply 4
Original post by Tiger Rag
See if you can get an earlier one. That seems rather late.

I think it's that late, so my doctor can get all the reports ready in time.
Reply 5
I have suffered with bowel incontinence on and off for years. I wear incontinence pads a lot for peace of mind after some accidents that happened outside. I don't mind if it happens at home but it is hellish when it happens outside.

You say you have already spoken do your GP about this, have you been referred to a gastroenterologist yet? If not, I would push for a referral. It isn't normal to have regular bowel accidents so its best to get it checked out and hopefully put an end to the problem :smile:
Reply 6
😂😂😂
Reply 7
Original post by Rum Ham
I have suffered with bowel incontinence on and off for years. I wear incontinence pads a lot for peace of mind after some accidents that happened outside. I don't mind if it happens at home but it is hellish when it happens outside.

You say you have already spoken do your GP about this, have you been referred to a gastroenterologist yet? If not, I would push for a referral. It isn't normal to have regular bowel accidents so its best to get it checked out and hopefully put an end to the problem :smile:

Yes, that is who I am waiting until August 24th for.
Reply 8
Yes, that is who I am waiting until August 24th for.

Sorry, I thought it was your GP you were seeing then :colondollar: all the best for your appointment. I hope it goes well and they can do something for you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Rum Ham
Sorry, I thought it was your GP you were seeing then :colondollar: all the best for your appointment. I hope it goes well and they can do something for you :smile:

Same here, it is really embarrassing that I can't wear normal underwear like briefs, like everyone else can!

Quick Reply

Latest