Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically I am 20 years old currently at university and I have been single the majority of my life, I just don't understand why as I do talk to girls, not out of desperation and as if I am hunting for a girlfriend. It is just really frustrating me to be honest, made worse by the fact I am staying in halls with 2 couples next year. I'm also a virgin which saps my confidence sometimes, any advice would help cheers.
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
chill out
Anonymous #1
I’m chilled man, I just want to find someone to go into a relationship with.
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
obviously not that chill if you think the invisible 'virgin' label hanging above your head is a problem.
uninteresting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The right person will come along in good time, be patient man and focus on yourself.
Anonymous #1
It’s not a problem, it’s just at the back of my mind. The teasing I can take, but I do get annoyed sometimes and wollow in my own self pity a bit, which is silly I know.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by uninteresting)
The right person will come along in good time, be patient man and focus on yourself.
I try to focus on myself, go to the gym, play tennis which I love doing, be warm, friendly etc but it’s just not happening. So I try not to think about it too much, thanks though I’ll remain upbeat I could be worse off in life.
Tlameloisstrange
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try online dating. It might boost your confidence in talking with girls but you need to have the right mindset for dating. Don’t force yourself to date girls just because you’re desperate. Don’t be a douche to the girls who reject you. Don’t overthink it, just move on when it happens. Don’t be a “niceguy”. There’s nothing nice about niceguys.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tlameloisstrange)
Try online dating. It might boost your confidence in talking with girls but you need to have the right mindset for dating. Don’t force yourself to date girls just because you’re desperate. Don’t be a douche to the girls who reject you. Don’t overthink it, just move on when it happens. Don’t be a “niceguy”. There’s nothing nice about niceguys.
Well there’s my problem, I am a nice guy and what’s wrong with it, I feel I’m genuine with it? Yeah I’ve tried tinder and okcupid but don’t know any good online dating sites apart from match which costs.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
haha. thats a tough thing. but i’ll give you a hint
-Money
-looks
-personality

if you havent gotten any of these.. you’ll have a hard time tbh. (Im not saying you wont get a gir* im just saying you’ll get a hard time)
Tlameloisstrange
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well there’s my problem, I am a nice guy and what’s wrong with it, I feel I’m genuine with it? Yeah I’ve tried tinder and okcupid but don’t know any good online dating sites apart from match which costs.
There are 2 types of nice guys.
1. The genuine kind who treat people with respect and don’t expect any payment for the kindness they give.
2. They act genuine at first but they call women *****s the moment they get rejected.

Don’t be the latter. Tinder is okay. Maybe spice up your bio. Learning commutation skills might be beneficial. Be yourself but don’t be creepy.
PS. I’m a girl. I don’t have any experience with dating as a 20 year old but I have girl friends who tell me about their social life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tlameloisstrange)
There are 2 types of nice guys.
1. The genuine kind who treat people with respect and don’t expect any payment for the kindness they give.
2. They act genuine at first but they call women *****s the moment they get rejected.

Don’t be the latter. Tinder is okay. Maybe spice up your bio. Learning commutation skills might be beneficial. Be yourself but don’t be creepy.
PS. I’m a girl. I don’t have any experience with dating as a 20 year old but I have girl friends who tell me about their social life.
Obviously you don’t know me, but I genuinely feel I am what point number one describes, and yeah I study a journalism course so I feel my communication skills are alright and my tinder bio is fine, so I don’t know what to do really apart from try other sites.
Anonymous #1
haha. thats a tough thing. but i’ll give you a hint
-Money
-looks
-personality

if you havent gotten any of these.. you’ll have a hard time tbh. (Im not saying you wont get a gir* im just saying you’ll get a hard time)
I thought I had a personality, but I am doubting myself with me being single so long.
amyleein
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the majority of your life? so that means you have been in realtionships before? what are you complaining about then? there are some 20 year olds who have never even been asked out. you don't have it that bad
Anonymous #1
Not saying I have it bad, it’s more of a what should I do type post, and I’ve had one relationship at high school, which I don’t count because it didn’t last long and wasn’t mature enough yet for a proper one. This isn’t an “I have it so bad” type of post which you’re making it out to be, thanks for your comment anyway.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
Try talking to a guy....
Anonymous #1
Try talking to a guy....
Nah, I’m good thanks.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just keep at it, it's about patience and resilience. Get some tips from more successful mates. Work on your repartee.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zarek)
Just keep at it, it's about patience and resilience. Get some tips from more successful mates. Work on your repartee.
Thanks, solid advice
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
talk to men cos guys do that if they can't hack it wid girls and they're happy with men or just go on some dating websites and try ur luck. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads