The Student Room Group

Driving Test

When do you know you are ready? My instructor feels confident take wants to book my test but I’m very unconfident and feel like I will make a fool out of myself
(edited 5 years ago)
I didn't think I was tbh :colondollar: Certainly not when I booked it anyway! As I got closer to my test I did feel more confident (could go the full 2 hours without anything in particular going wrong, was able to drive my dad around without panicking him etc.), but I still wouldn't say I was confident when I got to the test. Passed first time though, so my instructor was right :smile:
I’ve found the instructors have a lot more faith in us than we do in ourselves. I didn’t think I was ready for mine but had booked it in November last year so I could pass before the changes. Even though my instructor picked up on the silly little things, right up until my test, he still told me I could pass. I passed first time (even with a little fog trying to ruin test day for me!)
Original post by rachlouise17
When do you know you are ready? My instructor feels confident take wants to book my test but I’m very unconfident and feel like I will make a fool out of myself

If your instructor says you're ready, and you feel comfortable, then book the test!! No point in delaying it any longer really.

You never truly feel 'ready' for any exam from experience :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending