The Student Room Group

I need help

I take a level
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry

I want a degree but they say choose a degree that you will enjoy. I don't enjoy anything lol. The only reason I take maths is that I am good at it. I am predicted BBB but I think I can get A*AC or something like that
Maths A*/A
Further maths A/B (Most likely A)
Chemistry B/C

I don't know what I want to do at uni, I have ideas of what uni I want to go to but don't know what course to take or if I'll enjoy it as I don't know what courses to look into.
Original post by here.to.help
I take a level
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry

I want a degree but they say choose a degree that you will enjoy. I don't enjoy anything lol. The only reason I take maths is that I am good at it. I am predicted BBB but I think I can get A*AC or something like that
Maths A*/A
Further maths A/B (Most likely A)
Chemistry B/C

I don't know what I want to do at uni, I have ideas of what uni I want to go to but don't know what course to take or if I'll enjoy it as I don't know what courses to look into.
Whoever said "choose a degree you will enjoy" misrepresents what a degree is for. Is your only purpose of university to have fun or does your degree serve you well in the world of work - that's the other purpose of Higher Education.

So, spend some time thinking which sort of jobs you'd like to be doing. Or indeed, ruling out career sectors you wouldn't want to go into. And let that lead which degree course you end up choosing.

The course is far more important (in my own opinion) than which university you study at.:wink:
thanks!!!!

The reason I want to go uni is for a degree but an element of fun should still be there lol. But I can't decide!!! that's my problem, also coming from an Asian background I need to go someone good lol. maybe good is the wrong word like somewhere recognised/prestigious. And I can't choose where to go if I don't have a subject I wanna study. It's so bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending