The Student Room Group

DBS Delays

Hi,

I have been given a conditional offer to study Physiotherapy at Plymouth University, and frustratingly the only thing I'm awaiting is my DBS to come back.
The University have stated that a conditional offer cannot be made until the DBS is complete?

I contacted DBS and they said it has been at Stage 4 (police checks) for 4 weeks now. 5 weeks in total and may take up to 8 weeks but could be longer. More frustratingly, many other uni applicants I know have had there's back within two weeks.

Does anyone know what level of DBS is carried out for healthcare professions?
Has anybody else had to wait this long?
Has anybody got any advice?

I'm genuinely concerned I will not be offered a place at University, and I cannot submit my employment notice until I can guarantee I will be off to University.

Can anyone help, sorry for the essay.

A panicking mature student. :smile:
Original post by Natalie.Cassidy
Hi,

I have been given a conditional offer to study Physiotherapy at Plymouth University, and frustratingly the only thing I'm awaiting is my DBS to come back.
The University have stated that a conditional offer cannot be made until the DBS is complete?

I contacted DBS and they said it has been at Stage 4 (police checks) for 4 weeks now. 5 weeks in total and may take up to 8 weeks but could be longer. More frustratingly, many other uni applicants I know have had there's back within two weeks.

Does anyone know what level of DBS is carried out for healthcare professions?
Has anybody else had to wait this long?
Has anybody got any advice?

I'm genuinely concerned I will not be offered a place at University, and I cannot submit my employment notice until I can guarantee I will be off to University.

Can anyone help, sorry for the essay.

A panicking mature student. :smile:

Keep your university informed and keep pestering the DBS people. Ask for the name and job title of anyone you speak to at DBS.

The university can hold you place for quite a while if they know things are coming through.

It might be possible to leave without giving full notice to your employer - or in the worst case scenario if your DBS comes through too late would you be willing to take a gap year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending