The Student Room Group

Retaking maths gcse for uni

i’m applying to universities this october but the issue is i did surprisingly poorly in my maths gcse back in 2016, i will be retaking maths this year but i was wondering if it is safe to apply to universities which want a B in paths gcse even though i only have a C. will they see the C and throw the application away or will they see in retaking on consider me ? cheers
Original post by idek360
i’m applying to universities this october but the issue is i did surprisingly poorly in my maths gcse back in 2016, i will be retaking maths this year but i was wondering if it is safe to apply to universities which want a B in paths gcse even though i only have a C. will they see the C and throw the application away or will they see in retaking on consider me ? cheers

Most unis will be fine with you retaking the GCSE. Your offer can be made conditional on your gcse as well as your a-levels.
When exactly do the GCSEs come out. All i have are my Btecs.
Reply 3
Original post by Qup
When exactly do the GCSEs come out. All i have are my Btecs.

gcses come out next thursday but this post was about the ones i took in year 11, 2 years ago
Original post by idek360
gcses come out next thursday but this post was about the ones i took in year 11, 2 years ago

Ah, i see. That reminds me though, i need to resit some of my GCSEs that i failed at a couple years ago. Not really because what i want to do requires it, but because i just want to improve my academic performance (and... because only now i actually begin to care, due to this constant urge of parents and others to want to compare their grades to my own).
Reply 5
Original post by Qup
Ah, i see. That reminds me though, i need to resit some of my GCSEs that i failed at a couple years ago. Not really because what i want to do requires it, but because i just want to improve my academic performance (and... because only now i actually begin to care, due to this constant urge of parents and others to want to compare their grades to my own).

hah ahh i understand good luck to you with that my friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending