The Student Room Group

Is it worth it?

Hi my name is Zak and im going into year 11. My school does not have a sixth form so i will have to choose one for myself.

As with A-levels I can only do a maximum of 4 subjects. I don't want to limit myself to only 4, so do you think that doing the IB will give me the broader learning experience that is promoted. Also I know that it is alot of work, so I will be willing to do it if will get me what I want.
Hi Zak,

I am currently an IB student, I just finished Year 12 and I'm about to head into year 13.
However, I'm going to drop the IB because I can't handle it. Well, it's not that I can't handle it - it's just that it's too much work.

I'm going to change to A Levels because I think I will perform better.

If you're going to choose the IB, you have to be DEDICATED.
I was dedicated but all the coursework and extra-curricular stuff like the EE and CAS just got on top of me. Also, I'm terrible at maths but maths is compulsory.
Do your research - the average points that people achieve in the IB is 30 points .. out of 45! You can't get into any great russell group unis with 30 points.
But at the end of the day, ngl it's your decision mate - if you wanna die, go for it.
It's easier to get into good unis with A -levels (unless you're applying to the US). However, once you get into uni, IBs are much better prepared than the A -level students bc of all the IA:s and the EE. Up to you, I'm doing the IB and suffering, but I've learned so much that I wouldn't change it for anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending