The Student Room Group

Study abroad for a year and 4 student finance payments

I received an email before telling me I will be receiving my maintenance loan in 2 equal payments. However, when I checked my online account, it shows that I have 4 payments which aren't equal at all. I received the 1st payment in August and the 2nd one just a day afterwards. Adding these two payments actually makes around 50% of my maintenance loan. However, my 3rd and 4th payments are around 4 months apart where the 3rd payment is scheduled just as it said on the email while the 4th payment (being the largest amount) is scheduled to be paid to me just a couple of months before I finish my studies here abroad. Is the online account not correct and will I be able to receive my other 50% on the date the email says? Or will I be receiving two other payments 4 months apart like what my online SFE account shows?
Original post by kmmb96
I received an email before telling me I will be receiving my maintenance loan in 2 equal payments. However, when I checked my online account, it shows that I have 4 payments which aren't equal at all. I received the 1st payment in August and the 2nd one just a day afterwards. Adding these two payments actually makes around 50% of my maintenance loan. However, my 3rd and 4th payments are around 4 months apart where the 3rd payment is scheduled just as it said on the email while the 4th payment (being the largest amount) is scheduled to be paid to me just a couple of months before I finish my studies here abroad. Is the online account not correct and will I be able to receive my other 50% on the date the email says? Or will I be receiving two other payments 4 months apart like what my online SFE account shows?

Hi there,

As these payments need to be manually requested and submitted to you they would not show on your online correctly until they have been paid to you. If you have confirmation that your payment will be paid in 2 instalments then this is what will happen.

Thanks Erin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending