The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
I'm taking some Sea Monkeys, so I should be OK.
University of York
York
miss_sparkles88
i had a dream last night i got to york and i was in a flat on my own.
no one wanted to be friends with me so i went to morrisons and bought a plant.

how tragic is that?!

Aww...don't worry. A few days ago I dreamt that York requires all its students to wear green. And I refused and insisted to wear red (well, I end up looking like an overgrown Little Red Riding Hood). And I was expelled.

Dreams are weird.
Reply 322
You're all nuts :biggrin:
_Mazza_
You're all nuts :biggrin:

:teeth:

(Frankly, I don't even know what I am trying to convey)
I got stuff through the post today from the Maths department. Yay exciting. :smile: Anyone else got anything?
Reply 325
I haven't got anything after the welcome pack and my place confirmation, should I have received a list of module options or do we just select them when we start? I've seen the optional modules on the website, but have received nothing by post.
Ziggy_Stardust
I got stuff through the post today from the Maths department. Yay exciting. :smile: Anyone else got anything?

And I thought you're doing Duck Studies. :shifty:

I got a reading list. That's all. Not very exciting.
Reply 327
Frankly, I'm bricking it. Two years hasn't made any difference to my confidence. :indiff:
Laus
Frankly, I'm bricking it. Two years hasn't made any difference to my confidence. :indiff:

You will be fine. You will be fine. You will be absolutely fine. :console: If anything, chances are I am even more anxious than you are!
toothwort white
And I thought you're doing Duck Studies. :shifty:

I got a reading list. That's all. Not very exciting.

Oh my, did I say Maths? :o: It was a typo. *cough*
Reply 330
People are getting things!!

Not a peep from the department. Nadda. Meh, *shrugs*.

So - will anyone sponser me to shave my head at some point in the Summer term? In aid of this wonderful charity, Azafady?

You'll be making the lemurs happy :smile:

Tx
Reply 331
TrishS

So - will anyone sponser me to shave my head at some point in the Summer term? In aid of this wonderful charity, Azafady?

Tx

At least you haven't received anything either, I think we only get to choose 2 of the modules anyway.

I'll see if I can spare a bit of cash in the summer, if I still have some of my grant/loan money left :biggrin:
TrishS

Tx

If I still have any money by then, maybe :p:
_Mazza_
I haven't got anything after the welcome pack and my place confirmation, should I have received a list of module options or do we just select them when we start? I've seen the optional modules on the website, but have received nothing by post.

I've got mine (module options list) for economics. We only get to pick one out of three combinations and then one elective module. Its probs different for ppe though.
I've not heard anything from the English department.

:frown:
Reply 335
Ziggy_Stardust

I got that too. We have a test during freshers week... :eek:
miss_sparkles88
I've not heard anything from the English department.

:frown:

What about the reading list? :smile:

Ziggy_Stardust
Oh my, did I say Maths? :o: It was a typo. *cough*

:hmmm:

:p:
Ben
I got that too. We have a test during freshers week... :eek:

I know. I'm worried about that already even though it's only a 'diagnositc multiple choice answer test'. :rolleyes: In a way I'm kind of glad we get to start so late because it'll give me a bit of extra time to cram a bit of revision (or at least a bit of extra time to plan to do so. :p:)
toothwort white
What about the reading list? :smile:
i've not even had that :frown:
Philosophy haven't sent me anything. =o

Quick Reply

Latest