The Student Room Group

should i lower my expectations?

I want to study law but i absolutely crapped on my lnat today. I feel really down and doubt whether its worth applying to the unis i love- ucl, lse, kings, oxford and nott/warwick as insurance. everywhere i've looked says the cutoff points are over 25 but even though i've gotten that & above in my practice i feel like today went so much worse. I'm torn on whether i should drop oxford from my choices but i would have taken the lnat early and prepared my application for nothing :frown: i feel completely defeated and i don't know what to do. My other stats are- A*A*A* a level predictions, 5 As & 5 A*s at gcse. I also feel like my personal statement is good but i have killed myself over getting work expereince but nobody wants me as i dont count as disadvantaged for any access programmes.
Reply 1
Original post by wantingp
I want to study law but i absolutely crapped on my lnat today. I feel really down and doubt whether its worth applying to the unis i love- ucl, lse, kings, oxford and nott/warwick as insurance. everywhere i've looked says the cutoff points are over 25 but even though i've gotten that & above in my practice i feel like today went so much worse. I'm torn on whether i should drop oxford from my choices but i would have taken the lnat early and prepared my application for nothing :frown: i feel completely defeated and i don't know what to do. My other stats are- A*A*A* a level predictions, 5 As & 5 A*s at gcse. I also feel like my personal statement is good but i have killed myself over getting work expereince but nobody wants me as i dont count as disadvantaged for any access programmes.

If you have missed it there are a lot of good unis you can still apply to
Reply 2
Original post by Pugglet
If you have missed it there are a lot of good unis you can still apply to

no disrespect to them of course, but i feel like a law degree would be a waste of time and money anywhere else due to how competitive the career is. If no one wants me i guess i'll take a gap year and apply for a different subject as i'm also interested in philosophy
You haven’t even taken your a levels yet, there’s no need to worry. Work experience isn’t necessary you should just be able to explain why you want to study law at undergraduate level in your PS. Maybe choose at least 2 unis that don’t require LNAT to be safe but keep the one or two that you really want to go to. You’re GCSEs are great so I’m sure you can do well. Good luck
no disrespect to them of course, but i feel like a law degree would be a waste of time and money anywhere else due to how competitive the career is. If no one wants me i guess i'll take a gap year and apply for a different subject as i'm also interested in philosophy

Well you don’t need to do law at undergrad getting any degree that interests you from those unis will be just as good! You can also join the unis law society, it’s not the end of the world if you aren’t doing a law degree, you wouldn’t be at a disadvantage at all.
Reply 5

It depends
I’m at Northumbria on their MLaw degree which is respected. But obviously yeah Northumbria
But if you want to take a gap year and reapply for a different degree then a conversion course is always good. I know some law firms prefer people who’ve done a law conversion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending