The Student Room Group

Student loan issues

I'm aware that these forums get a shed load of questions about what to do if you can't apply for a second loan, but here's my problem.

I enrolled to do a physics degree at KCL and I've just started. When I was applying for a student loan I checked and double checked with Student Finance that I would be allowed to get a 2nd loan, since I heard on the grapevine that they're handing out second loans for STEM degrees. Both times I got a resounding yes, so I naturally accepted my place at King's to start studying.

About an hour ago I just received an email saying I won't be receiving a second loan for the duration of my course.

All I really want to know now is, am I:
1) completely f***ed, and have to just accept the fact I won't be able to do this degree and quit
2) able to somehow appeal or take this further with student finance?

ANY advice from previous experiences with this issue or general knowledge of how student finance operates would be great.

Thanks again all!
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi

STEM subjects only attract part time funding for students to study a second degree. If you are not studying part time, you would not be eligible to receive funding for this course.

Thanks
Gerard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending