The Student Room Group

The morning after pill

I had sex before my period this month on the 12 without a condom then later one hour I took the morning after pill one day after I got my period with no pain whatsoever like the usual! Lasted for four days like always , then I continued to have sex for the rest of the week after my period , I had an intercourse the 17 , 22 , and 23 without a condom and each time I took the morning after pill , will I get pregnant even tho I took so many ?
Original post by Anonymous
I had sex before my period this month on the 12 without a condom then later one hour I took the morning after pill one day after I got my period with no pain whatsoever like the usual! Lasted for four days like always , then I continued to have sex for the rest of the week after my period , I had an intercourse the 17 , 22 , and 23 without a condom and each time I took the morning after pill , will I get pregnant even tho I took so many ?

Why on earth aren't you using contraception? You cannot keep using the MAP.

It will only prevent ovulation. It will not kill an egg that has already been fertilised.

If you must keep having sex, use condoms or go on the pill or other contraception.
Reply 2
The MAP isn't a proper method of contraception and thus it will have caused havoc on your reproductive system.

Yes there is a chance, it's only about 89% effective and doesn't work like something long term.

I would wait until at least 22 days after the last instance of intercourse and take a test, if it's negative repeat in a week.

If it's positive make a GP appointment and figure out your options(you can also go if the tests are negative and you're still worried)

Figure out the pregnancy scare right now and once it's all sorted i would definitely go on more long term proper contraception :smile:
Reply 3
thank you so much for your advice I really wasn’t sure of what to do ! One more thing yesterday and today morning my left breast hurt so much it is normal or it might be a sign?
thank you so much for your advice I really wasn’t sure of what to do ! One more thing yesterday and today morning my left breast hurt so much it is normal or it might be a sign?

you should see a doctor or if not at least speak to a pharmacist, it's not recommended to take the morning after pill multiple times in a short period of time so that could be a side effect, best to be safe and get checked out.
I had sex before my period this month on the 12 without a condom then later one hour I took the morning after pill one day after I got my period with no pain whatsoever like the usual! Lasted for four days like always , then I continued to have sex for the rest of the week after my period , I had an intercourse the 17 , 22 , and 23 without a condom and each time I took the morning after pill , will I get pregnant even tho I took so many The map isn't normal contraception and if you couldn't tell by the name EMERGENCY it's only supposed to be used when you have intercourse and something happens. If you want regular contraception use a condom or the pill.

The map isn't supposed to be normal contraception, if you couldn't tell by the name EMERGENCY then I don't know. Take a test if you worried about pregnancy.

Quick Reply

Latest