The Student Room Group

What to say to my Crush

There is a girl in my school that I really like, she is in a different year to me for a week I have been giving her positive strong eye contact with a warm smile and she has been doing the same back. I feel as though now is the time to actual say something and start something. What shall I say???
This is what I am confused about, I don't want to just randomly introducer myself I want to say something before then introduce myself later but do not know what to say.
Her eyes are very pretty so I am contemplating whether to say to her "By the way your eyes are very pretty"
Okay. Don't say eyes are pretty. Big no no. That is very cleashae and she might think your just saying that. It sounds like your in school so it would make things awkward. Add her on social media, perhaps introduce yourself in person or if your not confident enough, start getting to know her on social media.
Don't read to much into this though, until you actually speak you to her you don't know whether shes a nice girl or not.
Original post by edhdff
There is a girl in my school that I really like, she is in a different year to me for a week I have been giving her positive strong eye contact with a warm smile and she has been doing the same back. I feel as though now is the time to actual say something and start something. What shall I say???
This is what I am confused about, I don't want to just randomly introducer myself I want to say something before then introduce myself later but do not know what to say.
Her eyes are very pretty so I am contemplating whether to say to her "By the way your eyes are very pretty"

As romantic as your suggestion sounds - it is pretty intense, especially if you have had no conversation with her up until now. That can be a bit overwhelming to hear, and her reaction may well be "wow, back off, stranger!" which is not what you want to hear.

{as an aside: I'm never sure that complimenting someone on something they have had nothing to do with, is actually a compliment at all. It's like saying "well done on being tall". It's not something that a person feels they can take credit for.}

Why not try and turn the pressure down (on both of you) and have a conversation about something you know you have in common? Whether that's a subject that you both study (I know she's in a different year from you) or a sport/activity you know she is interested in, or even something that is happening at your school/college? try and find some common ground, and build on that. Going from zero conversation to 100, can be a bit off putting. Start small then build up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending