The Student Room Group

University entry with 2 A-levels and 2 AS-levels

Hi, I am 19 years old and I have recently had a change of heart about going to university a month after starting my second gap year, I have the following grades and am interested in attending a university:
- A - Economics - A-level
- A - Business - AS-level
- D - Politics - A-level
- D - Theatre Studies - AS-level

Only one problem, I am a bit of a snob when it comes to uni and would ideally like to attend a top 30 university.

Anyone reckon I have a chance with my current grade (would do a foundation year)

I do have the option to continue doing buisness and hopefully get a A, however that would mean another gap year (because i'm doing a ski season this winter so I wont be back in time to attempt to complete the A level) so I'd be starting uni at 21 which for me feels slightly too old.

Cheers!
Original post by archiedew
Hi, I am 19 years old and I have recently had a change of heart about going to university a month after starting my second gap year, I have the following grades and am interested in attending a university:
- A - Economics - A-level
- A - Business - AS-level
- D - Politics - A-level
- D - Theatre Studies - AS-level

Only one problem, I am a bit of a snob when it comes to uni and would ideally like to attend a top 30 university.

Anyone reckon I have a chance with my current grade (would do a foundation year)

I do have the option to continue doing buisness and hopefully get a A, however that would mean another gap year (because i'm doing a ski season this winter so I wont be back in time to attempt to complete the A level) so I'd be starting uni at 21 which for me feels slightly too old.

Cheers!

Prepare for both routes. Arrange to carry on with the A level (or another qualification like open university credits) and apply for universities at the same time. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be able to study for the A level while working abroad - most ski resorts have wifi!

Your options for universities will be limited (business foundation years aren’t very common for uk students).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending