The Student Room Group

The Not-So-Secret Diary of TheGobbyOne (GYG 2018/19)

The Not-So-Secret Diary of TheGobbyOne

An Introduction!
Hi everyone! I’m Ella. I'm a bit late to the party (I know!), but better late than never, right? Here's hoping that this blog will motivate me to get my act together for this year!

GCSE Grades
I guess I'd better start off by telling you my GCSE Grades! I don't have the best GCSE's, not by a long shot, but that is 100% down to leaving my revision until last minute (as in, 'the-night-before-the-exam' last minute). Still, I've learnt my lesson (hopefully!). Enough said. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you my GCSE Grades...

Mathematics - 8

English Literature - 6

English Language - 8

Physics - 7

Chemistry - 6

Biology - 7

History - 7

Spanish - 6

Resistant Materials - A

AS Levels
This year, I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Computer Science. As you can see, I'm taking very STEM based subjects. This is mainly due to my plans for the future (read on to find out more about that!). My 'aspirational' (predicted) grades are as follows:

Maths - A

Physics - C

Further Maths - A

Computer Science - A

Obviously, I'm not as good at Physics as I would like to be, so this is going to be my main focus over the course of this GYG!

Plans for the Future
After finishing my A-Levels, I want to carry on studying, by going to university. My two main choices (right now) are Aeronautical Engineering at ICL or Aeronautical Engineering at Loughborough. Obviously, I want to study Aeronautical Engineering! I'm planning on joining the Royal Air Force as an Engineering Officer (Aerosystems) after university. Joining the RAF is something I have always wanted to do, so I'm going to have to work really hard at 6th form to get into a good uni, to join the RAF!

Obstacles
Due to the way my college is run, I have to keep on top of loads of different things at the same time! I go to a boarding college, and I've never boarded before, so I'm adjusting to a whole new environment, whilst studying for AS Levels. I have to keep on top of my fitness as well, which isn't something I've ever been good at. I have the academics side to study for, on top of the other stuff! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my college, but it is a bit unusual juggling so many things at once! This GYG will (hopefully) help me, as it will force me to keep on top of my academic work!

Updating Schedule
I've included this section, but we all know it's a joke! I'll pretend to have a posting schedule, but in reality I'll be posting sporadically and at random times. Yay for unpredictability!

Other Stuff
There's going to be other stuff on (not just GYG stuff)! There'll be things like fitness, random ramblings, and photos of my revision stuff!

Goodbye!
I think I've rambled on for long enough! I hope that you'll enjoy the randomness that will be 'The Not-So-Secret Diary of TheGobbyOne'. Tara for now guys!
(edited 5 years ago)
good luck!! and well done on your gcses! you still did really well despite the late revision 😂
Good luck!! I'm also not one who's good at keeping up with fitness (some days I'll just be asleep and in too much pain to even walk) so I guess we can relate there! :rofl:
Reply 3
Good luck!! :rave:
Welcome to the party! :party:

Sounds like you've got a solid plan and we all wish you luck! :jive:

How does your sixth form do Maths and Further Maths? It seems to be different for everyone which is confusing. :eek4:
Reply 5
They get taught as separate subjects, by separate teachers, and we avoid doing similar things at the same time in maths and further maths!

Original post by JoeyTanaka
Welcome to the party! :party:

Sounds like you've got a solid plan and we all wish you luck! :jive:

How does your sixth form do Maths and Further Maths? It seems to be different for everyone which is confusing. :eek4:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm back!
Hi guys! I've been busy working on my revision stuff since I last posted, so I'll be putting some of it on here very soon.

Watch this space!
Reply 7
71AFF830-DA3A-48F6-9F9D-602B44B04538.jpg.jpeg
Working on some of my physics notes!
Go and get those A*s!:smile:
Reply 9
Hi again everyone!! I haven’t been active in TWO MONTHS!! 😱😱😱 I’m getting back on the revision wagon, because I have mocks in January! If truth be told, I’m absolutely bricking it for my computing mock! I’m going to try and study loads of the holiday, particularly computing and further maths (my current grade in FM is a U...).

I’ll post some photos of my revision in the morning!

-Ella x
Reply 10
Hey!! I really need to keep my posting consistent 🤔
We’ve just had a couple mocks for our AS exams, and I feel really confident about them! I did some solid revision in the lead up to them, and it’s definitely starting to pay off. I have maths and further maths mocks next week, so wish me luck!

One of my New Year’s resolutions was to start a fitness diary and stick to it; I’ve been successfully logging everything I eat and all the fitness I’ve done for 12 days now, let’s hope it sticks! 21 days to form a habit and all that...

I’ll try and keep you lot posted over the next few months!
Reply 11
457238AB-BB76-48CA-90BE-424E35BE0DB6.jpg.jpeg some of my revision the night before the computing exam... I find cramming really useful, because it helps me to remember any important details that I’d otherwise forget!

Quick Reply

Latest