The Student Room Group

How do i quit?

Im 13 years old now and a girl. I understand it is normal for someone my age to have alot of sexual urges and that masturbation is normal but i do it at least once a day. Every single night for sometimes about an hour. I go to boarding school, so doing this in a dorm full of other girls is obvously NOT GOOD. I dont really want to talk about it because of the extreme level its at. Im also worried its affected my day to day life, because ive stopped having crushes so much and have become more introverted. Overall im very happy- i have lots of friends but i feel like this aspect of my life is holding me back. A while ago i even got so horny that i questioned my sexuality, which i was open to; but i finally realised that i am definitely straight. However reassuring it was that i knew my life wasnt going to massively change the stress of trying to understand my sexuality was really distressing. Im totally addicted and its interfering with my life, and im disgusted that i have to do it constantly, whether my friends are in the room or not. Ive even done it with my mother in the room. Please help i need to quit!
(edited 5 years ago)
Go see a doctor
Original post by Anon.15747
Im 13 years old now and a girl. I understand it is normal for someone my age to have alot of sexual urges and that masturbation is normal but i do it at least once a day. Every single night for sometimes about an hour. I go to boarding school, so doing this in a dorm full of other girls is obvously NOT GOOD. I dont really want to talk about it because of the extreme level its at. Im also worried its affected my day to day life, because ive stopped having crushes so much and have become more introverted. Overall im very happy- i have lots of friends but i feel like this aspect of my life is holding me back. A while ago i even got so horny that i questioned my sexuality, which i was open to; but i finally realised that i am definitely straight. However reassuring it was that i knew my life wasnt going to massively change the stress of trying to understand my sexuality was really distressing. Im totally addicted and its interfering with my life, and im disgusted that i have to do it constantly, whether my friends are in the room or not. Ive even done it with my mother in the room. Please help i need to quit!

I think I can help out here.

First of all, your age is a critical factor in this situation. Your body is maturing and the hormonal changes going on within you are a big part of the reason for your sexual urges.

That aside, I want to give you a few basic tips and pointers for overcoming addictions, dependencies or habits that you would like to change. The reasons for addictions can be complex but I suspect in your case that you are not addicted in the sense that you cannot control the urge to any degree whatsoever. I would hazard a guess that you are more likely to be acting in a habitual manor.

You have expressed that you are masturbating every night and as a result it is interfering with your life. A technique that will really help you is a simple one but proven to be effective. I suggest that you set yourself a target of cutting down from 7 nights a week to 5. Do not attempt to do 2 consecutive nights in a row, maybe miss a Monday and a Thursday. Do this for 4 weeks consecutively and see how you feel about your behaviour.

It is important that you resist urges to perform your habit on the days that you have decided not to masturbate. Do not give in to temptation as this will lead to the reinforcement of your bad habit and will decrease your ability to abstain.

Give this a go. I can absolutely tell you that it will help. Be kind to yourself and remember that you are only young, this is nothing to be ashamed of and it is perfectly normal behaviour. If you would like any more help just reply to this message.
Reply 3
Hi,

Thankyou so much i think this might work and will definitely try it. Thankyou so much for you help
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Go see a doctor

If im being honest i was hoping for a less radical course of action- obviously i am ashamed of this even if its natural and hormones or whatver- the point is id rather find an option where i could sort this out on my own x

Quick Reply

Latest