The Student Room Group

Can i get back job I rejected

Yesterday I was accepted to work at ASDA (yay) part time festive but for some reason I said no as I was waiting for my preferred job at Morrison's to which I was rejected.

Can i call back and may be get the asda job back? Considering I did the interview and i didnt be rude when saying no.
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I know I made that mistake but should i try asking them? And if so what should i say
Original post by Anonymous
Yesterday I was accepted to work at ASDA (yay) part time festive but for some reason I said no as I was waiting for my preferred job at Morrison's to which I was rejected.

Can i call back and may be get the asda job back? Considering I did the interview and i didnt be rude when saying no.

You can only ask. They are most likely to say no.
Just make something plausible up and dont tell them the real reason. You should do it in the next hour and be polite.
Reply 4

You were stupid to decline an offer whilst having not secured the other job

If anything, you should have said yes to the first job ...and then rung them up to cancel if you got the second job

I'm guessing you're quite young.
Oh well, you live and you learn............

and no, it's highly unlikely you can get the job back now
You might as well ask but don't expect to have the job back.
Reply 6
I hate my life

Why did you decline it if you knew you’d want it in the event you didn’t get one at Morrison’s?

As already said, you can ring and ask, but it’s unlikely. You should have accepted it and asked if you could start next week, but cancelled within that week if you got the other job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending