The Student Room Group

Nursing, second degree and student finance

private
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Preserveephemera
Hello,

I am thinking of dropping out of university (I am currently in my third year), there are many factors surrounding this decision and I am currently getting help for it - so I would prefer if this was not discussed.

My question surrounds student finance and starting a second degree in nursing.

I have found websites that (try to) explain the circumstances for funding for student finance if you’re taking up a healthcare related degree.

Here is what the gov/slc and other sources say:

Full financial support is available if the student already has a degree but they’re starting a pre-registration nursing, midwifery or Allied Health Professional course (excluding dental hygiene and dental therapy, postgraduate courses and designated part-time courses) in England on or after 1 August 2017.
EU students will be able to get a Tuition Fee Loan only from us.”

They say if the student already has a degree they can recieve student finance. Would it be the same if the student started, didn’t finish and has used up the four years of funding available for a previous degree (not at all healthcare related).

Nursing is for me and I know it is, so please do not questions my reasons for this choice.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Hi there,

Can you confirm if the course is Pre-Registry? Would you wish to do the course full time or part time?
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending