The Student Room Group

Migrant Worker Status and EU Student Maintance Loan

Hi!
I'm EU full-time student in the UK. I'm working in the UK for more than 3 months now and I came here before my course started. I know that I can get migrant worker status, which will allow me to get a maintenance loan. Unfortunately, I can't find migrant worker status form anywhere and maintenance loan forms for EU students. Do you know where can I find any?
Hi there,

This is the form you need: http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1819/ft/sfe_pn1_form_1819_o.pdf

Also, when you post this to us, can you please include a copy of your employment contract, and copies of your September, October, and November payslips (if possible)

Warm regards,
Graeme
Reply 2
Thanks for replying!
Isn’t this form for UK students only? Just want to make sure.
Which sections should I fill there?
Original post by ziomalll
Thanks for replying!
Isn’t this form for UK students only? Just want to make sure.
Which sections should I fill there?

Hi there,

Yes: if you're accepted as a Migrant Worker you'll be, in effect, a home student.

If you follow the instructions on the form, you'll see what sections to fill in. Also, are you under 25 years old?

Warm regards,
Graeme
Reply 4
Yes, I’m 19.
Should I choose ,,loan based on household income” then?
Yes, I’m 19.
Should I choose ,,loan based on household income” then?

Hi there,

If you want your Maintenance Loan to be based on your parents' income, then - yes - you should choose that option.

Warm regards,
Graeme
Reply 6
Thanks for your help! :smile:
Thanks for your help! :smile:

You're welcome, thanks!

Warm regards,
Graeme
Hi everyone, I have got a related question. I applied for the maintenance loan as a migrant worker a few weeks ago. SFE sent me an email today, saying that they received my evidence and they are assessing my application ( I phoned and asked them beforehand what evidence they need). I realize that my application was sent a bit late so the question is am I still entitled to the full amount or will I get paid pro rata? I work 20-25 h a week which gives around 700 pounds a month. Thank you in advance for any info regarding this matter.
Original post by zaporozec
Hi everyone, I have got a related question. I applied for the maintenance loan as a migrant worker a few weeks ago. SFE sent me an email today, saying that they received my evidence and they are assessing my application ( I phoned and asked them beforehand what evidence they need). I realize that my application was sent a bit late so the question is am I still entitled to the full amount or will I get paid pro rata? I work 20-25 h a week which gives around 700 pounds a month. Thank you in advance for any info regarding this matter.

Hi,

If you have been working since the start of the academic year, we can back date the maintenance loan for you from then.

Thanks, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending