The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for student finance?

Hi! I'm an EU student who joined university in September 2022. Due to starting in 2022, I have been unsure if I am eligible for any student loan, and the government site has not been a great help. I do not have pre-settled status, but I do work at a job on campus and have been since January. I have seen something about a Migrant worker loan, but it is very confusing to understand. I would appreciate any kind of help towards this, even if the answer is that I cannot get any kind of loan! Thanks in advance!
Original post by kallyella
Hi! I'm an EU student who joined university in September 2022. Due to starting in 2022, I have been unsure if I am eligible for any student loan, and the government site has not been a great help. I do not have pre-settled status, but I do work at a job on campus and have been since January. I have seen something about a Migrant worker loan, but it is very confusing to understand. I would appreciate any kind of help towards this, even if the answer is that I cannot get any kind of loan! Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Normally, to be entitled to the Maintenance Loan you need to have Settled Status. However, if you're working while you study you may be able to apply as Migrant Worker.

So we can check this, can you please tell us about your employment with your university? Are you employed by your university in an area that's related to your study?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending