The Student Room Group

parents having sex

three years ago now i found a box of condoms in my parents room. That night i was lying awake thinking about it when suddenly their doors shut and i heard them. Now three years later i still lie awake until i can hear that they are asleep. words cannot describe the feeling while you wait for them to go to sleep, especially if my mum has been drinking. when i know it’s going to happens i shut my door, tie my hair back and put on my special playlist on my phone for an hour and a half. i then have to watch programmes on i players on my phone for the rest of the night wether i have school or not. i know people will say “oh why don’t you just go to sleep before they come up” but i physically just can’t. i now suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. i used to be a very smart kid but now my schoolwork has gone to **** because of stress and lack of ****. for a start i believef my dad was hurting my mum and forcing her into it and i lost my relationship with him completely. i later realised this is not the case but my trust and bond with my parents (especially my dad) is very hard. i just don’t have the gut to tell them things in my family don’t work like that. over these past years i haven’t told a sole that i suffer every night and i never will. please, please tell me there is someone in this world who feels the same. it would mean everything.
Damn, 90 minutes of shagging, every night. Jealous. Maybe getting old is not so bad.

Seriously, tho, speak to them about it. Can they make less noise? Put some music on? Keep it down a bit. I can just imagine them saying "the kids clearly havn't heard us as they've never said anything".

As long as it's consentual sex is amazing. Be pleased they are having fun and hope you end up in the same situation one day. It's where you came from. Accept this is normal.
I would die🤢💀
It's all ogre now,
Shrek is love. Shrek is life.
Um, parents have sex. It's how you got here. It's how we all got here.

If you have anxiety, and happen to have fixated on that, then try to get treatment so that you feel better. Thinking that your mum was being hurt by sex is what small children think because they don't understand. You have the right to get help for that, you shouldn't have to suffer. What your parents are doing is natural, but they should keep it down a bit.
Reply 5
Original post by Apachecow
Damn, 90 minutes of shagging, every night. Jealous. Maybe getting old is not so bad.

Seriously, tho, speak to them about it. Can they make less noise? Put some music on? Keep it down a bit. I can just imagine them saying "the kids clearly havn't heard us as they've never said anything".

As long as it's consentual sex is amazing. Be pleased they are having fun and hope you end up in the same situation one day. It's where you came from. Accept this is normal.

oh god maybe i didnt make myself clear. it does not happened every night! i just panic every night that it will happen and i lie crying waiting for them to go to sleep. sorry i did not make that clear
(edited 5 years ago)
If you can't beat them, join them!
The majority of couples do enjoy having sex - and in their own home is the most acceptable place for them to do it!

Why does it bother you to hear it?
genetic_analysis.png

Randall Munroe always, always has something to say. It's uncanny.
As they say in Jesus land, Incest is Wincest!
Original post by frazler.999
three years ago now i found a box of condoms in my parents room. That night i was lying awake thinking about it when suddenly their doors shut and i heard them. Now three years later i still lie awake until i can hear that they are asleep. words cannot describe the feeling while you wait for them to go to sleep, especially if my mum has been drinking. when i know it’s going to happens i shut my door, tie my hair back and put on my special playlist on my phone for an hour and a half. i then have to watch programmes on i players on my phone for the rest of the night wether i have school or not. i know people will say “oh why don’t you just go to sleep before they come up” but i physically just can’t. i now suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. i used to be a very smart kid but now my schoolwork has gone to **** because of stress and lack of ****. for a start i believef my dad was hurting my mum and forcing her into it and i lost my relationship with him completely. i later realised this is not the case but my trust and bond with my parents (especially my dad) is very hard. i just don’t have the gut to tell them things in my family don’t work like that. over these past years i haven’t told a sole that i suffer every night and i never will. please, please tell me there is someone in this world who feels the same. it would mean everything.

I suffer with this too. I hope that makes it feel less overwhelming. We should talk 🙂
Original post by frazler.999

Why are you so scared? Do you think it's hurting you in some way? Your parents have been having sex since before you were born. You should be happy that they still love each other and want to be with each other.
Reply 12
Of couse dear i feel the same like it was 2 years ago when i first heard them and i had no idea what was going on. At the end i found the courage to talk to ky mum and she strongly denied the fact that they actually have that😑 i was quite sure of the sound being from them so i talked to her and she said this is s.th normal and everyone has that but then she promised that i will never hear any sounds again. Now after 2.5 years i still can't sleep well and my heartbeat raises and I'm ready to hear a sound from them though i haven't. Now they're gone out and i wanna sleep so they'll be back while I'm sleeping. I'm too worried and anxious about them thinking that I've fallen asleep so then I won't hear them doing it. I hust Don't know what to do but when ever i feel like that (every night) i talk to myself and i some kinda stop showing it as a big problem (i know it is) i also listen to some music as you do. Wish they could guarantee they won't do it ever again (i know it sounds quite irrational) so we could get a good sleep like normal humans🥲

Latest

Trending

Trending