The Student Room Group

Would you ever cheat?

Scroll to see replies

I've been cheated on, it sucks, and I could never put my partner through that.
I would never cheat in my life. I'm very loyal.
My thoughts on the matter are that everyone has the capability to cheat, and nobody can say "oh, I would NEVER cheat, it's wrong", but the thing is, most people wouldn't cheat if they're in the right relationship. People who cheat either aren't in love, they feel lonely, their partner isn't right for them.. but rather than becoming single, which is scary, they try to have their cake and eat it. I have a friend who cheats regularly as he's not happy with his wife, and he says that cheating helps him cope with his relationship, as he doesn't want to leave his wife for the sake of his kids.

So, I do think everyone has the ability to cheat, but most wouldn't cheat on someone they love and that they're happy with.
Original post by That'sGreat
Wanting a fit girlfriend is not shallow. It's evolution.
Quite. But once you've got one the issue being discussed is whether you'd be still checking out the field!:curious:
Original post by Anonymous
I would never cheat. As to be able to cheat, I would need to be in a relationship. And that would mean somebody liked me enough to actually want to be with me. That being miracle in and of itself, it's not the sort of thing I would want to knowingly break apart. I mean, I'd probably make a hash of it in some other manner, but not by cheating...

Cant think why youre single then
it is mostly boys that cheat and when ever they have cheated they would want to be romantic to their girls so that if they find out they would have a good excuse which is not right they can also go to the pont of showing you love but they are stabbong your back that is why all boys are not to be trusted because they are the ones that cheat mostly cause to them it is an easy task to find another girl
Original post by Huge eric sean
Cant think why youre single then

To quote An Inspector Calls, "Don't be an ass, Eric".
I am well aware that my complete lack of self confidence and inability to talk to people are responsible for my lack of a relationship. I don't blame society for it, because I know it's my fault. There's no need to be sarcastic about it.
Wow , what a huge sweeping generalisation
Original post by victoriu
Every man I hear about is a cheat. In a world where beauty is more important than you personality and the size of boobs and butt are more important than your IQ. I honestly don't see why any guy would stay loyal and it is not like I am special I am just an average girl. Nowadays I just need a loyal guy everything else is just an extra.

thats a lie becuse i have a girl and i am very loyal shes my queen and we trust each other and we are very happy
I would never cheat. As to be able to cheat, I would need to be in a relationship. And that would mean somebody liked me enough to actually want to be with me. That being miracle in and of itself, it's not the sort of thing I would want to knowingly break apart. I mean, I'd probably make a hash of it in some other manner, but not by cheating...

PMA buddy

don't be so harsh on urself!
To quote An Inspector Calls, "Don't be an ass, Eric".
I am well aware that my complete lack of self confidence and inability to talk to people are responsible for my lack of a relationship. I don't blame society for it, because I know it's my fault. There's no need to be sarcastic about it.

This. Is. Quality. :rofl:
Original post by Qwertyuser123
I would cheat but no one would know so it'll be ok

I've thought about this in general terms and whilst I have no intention of ever cheating, if I was in a position where it could happen and I was sure I'd get away with it I think I might. I sound terrible but I bet I'm not the only one.
Original post by ihatespongebob
Evolution is not an excuse to be a shallow person who judges people solely based on their looks.

You know the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"?

Yeahhhh about that.... as you get older you realised it's not true at all. There's a reason the best books tend to have the best covers. Not so much genetics (although Butter faces tend to be rare). More if someone does not look after themselves, they do tend to be lazier, more self centred etc. Not 'always' but it's correct more often than not.

Not saying everything is about looks, however it's not quite as shallow as people tend to think. There's a reason many people don't like bimbo types, it's still judging people on their appearance, albeit because they're too attractive. Many people for example presume their dumb, little to no personality and incredibly nasty.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by DanB1991
You know the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"?

Yeahhhh about that.... as you get older you realised it's not true at all. There's a reason the best books tend to have the best covers. Not so much genetics (although Butter faces tend to be rare). More if someone does not look after themselves, they do tend to be lazier, more self centred etc. Not 'always' but it's correct more often than not.

Not saying everything is about looks, however it's not quite as shallow as people tend to think. There's a reason many people don't like bimbo types, it's still judging people on their appearance, albeit because they're too attractive. Many people for example presume their dumb, little to no personality and incredibly nasty.

Yes people do tend to judge others based on their appearance but when that person ends up proving their assumptions wrong, people end up being surprised and learn never to assume things about people without knowing them first.
I've emotionally cheated, but that's because I was lying to myself about my feelings. I lied to myself about them because my ex was an amazing guy who was kind, selfless and thoughtful and I kept thinking 'I'd love him eventually'. The other guy I only hung out with at first because he lived in London and I love the place, but I realised I liked him when I got jealous over something. I did keep my ex up to date with my feelings though, and broke up with him as soon as I realised.
However, I know that when I'm genuinely into someone, idgaf about anyone else. Anyone who cheats on someone that they claim to actually be in love with... are not worthy of that love
Original post by *insertnamehere*
PMA buddy

don't be so harsh on urself!

Believe me, this ain't harsh. This is actually pretty light for me...
Original post by millvalley06
This. Is. Quality. :rofl:

At least I'm somewhat amusing though, that's nice to know.
No.
No
Reply 58
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I hate people who cheat. There's never an excuse for it.

Could there sometimes be an excuse for cheating? In a long term bad relationship the temptation to cheat is understandlably there.
Original post by mgi
Could there sometimes be an excuse for cheating? In a long term bad relationship the temptation to cheat is understandlably there.

No. If it's a long term bad relationship, end it. Don't use this as an excuse to cheat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending