The Student Room Group

Constantine2019's fitness blog.

I've been putting off getting fit for years but this time I am determined to make changes to my lifestyle. So, I'm hoping this blog will help me track my progress.

Background on physique
Height: 5'4
Weight: 43kg
BMI: 16.1

My goal
I want to put on weight as I'm seriously underweight. I want to do this by trying to have a healthy, balanced diet. I want to gain some muscle as well and make my tummy more toned, as well as work on my glutes and thighs.

My starting point
I have my first induction session at the gym I have joined on Monday. So, I will post info on how that goes. I've sort of worked out a meal I can have tomorrow, which will give me about 1,550 calories. I'll post more details about that too.
lol thanks for putting up with me asking you so many questions. :lol:
Wagwarn, good luck with this :smile:
Original post by RichPiana
Wagwarn, good luck with this :smile:

Thanks. :smile:
What I will eat today:
Brunch: veggie breakfast wrap with quorn sausages, sunny side up eggs and hash browns= 871 calories.

Mid afternoon snack: Tangerine and 25grams of roasted cashew nuts= 145 calories

Dinner: Optimum Nutrition serious mass protein in milk= 700 calories.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi! I'm also going to make a fitness thread as well around mid january.

Goodluck!
Original post by I'mComingOxford
Hi! I'm also going to make a fitness thread as well around mid january.

Goodluck!

Thanks. Good luck to you too. :smile:
oh yes, needed a woman fitness blog since @CleverSquirrel went awol :wink: I'd like to see how a weight gain journey goes for a difference
Original post by hello_shawn
oh yes, needed a woman fitness blog since @CleverSquirrel went awol :wink: I'd like to see how a weight gain journey goes for a difference

Thanks. There is so much information and advice on how to lose weight but not much on weight gain unfortunately.
Original post by Constantine2019
I've been putting off getting fit for years but this time I am determined to make changes to my lifestyle. So, I'm hoping this blog will help me track my progress.

Background on physique
Height: 5'4
Weight: 43kg
BMI: 16.1

My goal
I want to put on weight as I'm seriously underweight. I want to do this by trying to have a healthy, balanced diet. I want to gain some muscle as well and make my tummy more toned, as well as work on my glutes and thighs.

My starting point
I have my first induction session at the gym I have joined on Monday. So, I will post info on how that goes. I've sort of worked out a meal I can have tomorrow, which will give me about 1,550 calories. I'll post more details about that too.

@shameful_burrito

Have you calculated your TDEE? 1550 kcal seems a bit low if you want to gain weight unless you’re completely sedentary? I was in a similar situation when I was your age, and honestly starting the gym was the best decision I could have made so you’re already on to a great start! Good luck!
hey hey
just read up on this, if you do need weight gain advice please don't hesitate to ask, I can help with both, I've been trained to :smile:
good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest