The Student Room Group

Cant Find a UCAS Reference

Hi
Ive completed my first year of Bsc Psychology and decided to take a gap year and the uni i was studying at was too far away for me to travel to, im currently in the process of applying for 2019 entry but I only have 1 ex uni tutor i could ask for a reference and im worried i wont get it in by the deadline on the 15th of Jan, is there any kind of help for individual students who dont have many people to ask for References ( in terms of ex employer, my ex manager was horrible and didnt treat me so well so I can ask her). any advice would be much appreciated!!
Thanks
Original post by j.rosalie
Hi
Ive completed my first year of Bsc Psychology and decided to take a gap year and the uni i was studying at was too far away for me to travel to, im currently in the process of applying for 2019 entry but I only have 1 ex uni tutor i could ask for a reference and im worried i wont get it in by the deadline on the 15th of Jan, is there any kind of help for individual students who dont have many people to ask for References ( in terms of ex employer, my ex manager was horrible and didnt treat me so well so I can ask her). any advice would be much appreciated!!
Thanks

There generally isn't a way round not having a reference, I would usually advise contacting a university before hand if you did need to provide a reference at a later date but the universities probably wont have anyone in admissions at the moment. Are you applying for second year entry?
Reply 2
Yes I’m applying for second year at a different university. Can you send in your UCAS application without a reference and if so, can you still be accepted, Cos at the moment I can’t get in touch with previous teachers / haven’t replied and I’m stressing so much.
Original post by j.rosalie
Yes I’m applying for second year at a different university. Can you send in your UCAS application without a reference and if so, can you still be accepted, Cos at the moment I can’t get in touch with previous teachers / haven’t replied and I’m stressing so much.

You can only do that with the prior agreement from the universities that you’re applying to.

Have you tried ringing your old school? They might be willing to provide the same reference they gave you the first time you applied.
Best bet is probably to ring your old school (which will probably re-open today) to ask about a reference- they will still have your previous one on file and could probably still use it as it's the same subject you're applying for).

Also, you don't need to stress too much about the 15th January closing date - the vast majority of Unis will still accept applications after that date as they will still be recruiting for many months, so it's not that important. Obviously you are keen to submit the form as soon as possible, but don't get overly stressed if it does get submitted "late".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending