The Student Room Group

Sad, uninterested, and ready to quit uni

Hi everyone,

As the title says, I'm thinking about quitting uni. This isn't my first degree. I already have my political science undergrad degree, but this year I started the 2 year law course.

Even at my lowest in my last degree, I found the subject interesting. But with law I'm not interested in a single thing I am learning. It makes it hard to want to try or even keep going.

Add that to the fact I'm depressed and just ready to start my life, I'm seriously contemplating quiting. Does anyone have advice or even what you would do in the same situation?
No one's stopping you from quitting. Not sure if you'll still owe the fees from those two years but if you don't earn enough you won't have to pay it back
Original post by Becks1521
Hi everyone,

As the title says, I'm thinking about quitting uni. This isn't my first degree. I already have my political science undergrad degree, but this year I started the 2 year law course.

Even at my lowest in my last degree, I found the subject interesting. But with law I'm not interested in a single thing I am learning. It makes it hard to want to try or even keep going.

Add that to the fact I'm depressed and just ready to start my life, I'm seriously contemplating quiting. Does anyone have advice or even what you would do in the same situation?

Hi, sorry to hear you are struggling! If you are finding eevrything uninteresting them maybe law isnt for you and you should think about maybe getting a job and trying different things out to see what you might like?
Sophia :smile:
Hey, sorry to hear that you struggling.
Ive never been to uni (currently in year 11) but my brother has. He went to Manchester uni to study petrolium engineering, and he hated all three years. He just about graduated and is currently back home in between jobs. From the past two years since he graduated, I know for a fact he would do anything to go back to change his degree because nor was he good at it or passionate about it as now he is also struggling with depression which developed when he was in uni. My opinion to you is basically do whatever makes you happy and wont cause you to be regretting your decisions in 5/10/15 years time, you know. Dont care what people may think as they dont know what you have been through.
But before you do anything rash, make sure you have a plan. Would you do a gap year? Get a job? Find a new degree asap? As long as you have a stable and logical plan, do as you wish!

All the best and I hope something I said was useful haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending