The Student Room Group

Do guys like an independent woman or a clingy one

For example if she’s independent and doesn’t even care or she’s attached to him and is dependent to him. What’s more attractive
Original post by Jahana
For example if she’s independent and doesn’t even care or she’s attached to him and is dependent to him. What’s more attractive

dependant.
Reply 2
dependant
Reply 3
I think you know the answer to that, no one likes a clingy girlfriend.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
I think you know the answer to that, no one likes a clingy girlfriend.

but no one likes a girlfriend that doesn’t care either
Reply 5
Original post by yayaya68
but no one likes a girlfriend that doesn’t care either

That's why it's important to have a balance between the two.
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
That's why it's important to have a balance between the two.

yea but you’d rather have a girlfriend that really cared instead of one that didn’t care at all but like that’s just me
Reply 7
yea but you’d rather have a girlfriend that really cared instead of one that didn’t care at all but like that’s just me

You're assuming being independent is the same as "not caring", which is clearly not what the word means.

The thread is asking if guys like an independent woman as opposed to a clingy one. It's more than possible to be independent and still care about the relationship, they're just not depending on their partner to live their life.
Reply 8
Clingy can be cute at first but I've learned from past experience it can get annoying real quickly. Independent is okay but they can often be cold relationships where you don't really matter to them. So somewhere inbetween for me.
Reply 9
Neither of those. They're both extreme.:colonhash:
Original post by UWS
You're assuming being independent is the same as "not caring", which is clearly not what the word means.

The thread is asking if guys like an independent woman as opposed to a clingy one. It's more than possible to be independent and still care about the relationship, they're just not depending on their partner to live their life.

but he says ‘independent and doesn’t even care’ which could be viewed as not caring about the relationship aswell like dependent in the way you’re on about like depending on their partner to live yes that’s not attractive but caring about the relationship and being dependent enough to ask for advice and really care about the relationship is more attractive than someone who doesn’t care what their partner thinks and potentially doesn’t care about the relationship
Reply 11
but he says ‘independent and doesn’t even care’ which could be viewed as not caring about the relationship aswell like dependent in the way you’re on about like depending on their partner to live yes that’s not attractive but caring about the relationship and being dependent enough to ask for advice and really care about the relationship is more attractive than someone who doesn’t care what their partner thinks and potentially doesn’t care about the relationship

These are two extremes so OP is just being confusing then. My initial point stands, I'd rather have a balance between the two.
You can be an independent woman and a clingy partner at the same time. What's your definition of independent anyway?
From my experience, being female I would say independent.
Reply 14
I like independent woman with high ability

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending