The Student Room Group

Boyfriend issue

This has been deleted
(edited 5 years ago)
i'd be tempted to say "it's just a dog" but 1 month and still grieving doesn't seem healthy regardless of what the grievance is for
Original post by SophieMoo222
Just under a month ago, my boyfriend found out his dog had passed away (we’ve been together for a year). I haven’t been through the death of a dog ever so I don’t really understand what it’s like. A week after the death he started acting strange and distant. I looked into his social media’s and found he’d been talking to this girl. I instantly thought he was cheating on me and accused him of that which I now know isn’t true. Then I thought he was going off me as he rarely wanted to talk to me and when he did they weren’t proper answers. I was obviously worried if it was me so I spoke to my friends and his friends about it, asking if he was ok with me. Tonight he told me that he’s still finding it horrendous with the loss of his dog and I completely forgot about it. I’ve been so vane over the last few weeks and now he’s so upset at me saying I’ve made his life like a living hell. He won’t reply to any of my messages and I need advice on what to do next. Should I continue trying to talk to him or should I give him some space? 😞

Sorry, but this is absolute crap. You don’t need to go through the death of a dog to realise that it will mess people up for a while as much as a human death, if not more depending on how close they are to the person. You looked into his social media, because apparently you didn’t realise death was something people find hard to come to terms with. You are honestly a shocking human being
Reply 3
Original post by SophieMoo222
Just under a month ago, my boyfriend found out his dog had passed away (we’ve been together for a year). I haven’t been through the death of a dog ever so I don’t really understand what it’s like. A week after the death he started acting strange and distant. I looked into his social media’s and found he’d been talking to this girl. I instantly thought he was cheating on me and accused him of that which I now know isn’t true. Then I thought he was going off me as he rarely wanted to talk to me and when he did they weren’t proper answers. I was obviously worried if it was me so I spoke to my friends and his friends about it, asking if he was ok with me. Tonight he told me that he’s still finding it horrendous with the loss of his dog and I completely forgot about it. I’ve been so vane over the last few weeks and now he’s so upset at me saying I’ve made his life like a living hell. He won’t reply to any of my messages and I need advice on what to do next. Should I continue trying to talk to him or should I give him some space? 😞

i think you should do sweet gestures- show him you are still there- this may mean that you don't talk to him but if you really like him buy him his favorite drink or do something that you know will mean a lot to him.- i think with these situations you have to give them a tad bit space and put yourself in his shoes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending