The Student Room Group

I have been FIRED!

Hey Guys,
So I started working in a call center, it's maybe like 5 days, I'm new in that job. So, today, my boss saw me that I was watching Youtube on the other chrome tab while I was waiting for the foreign customers to pick up the phone, he saw that and called me. He used all those professional FIRING words on me, told me like "Leave the office right now" and others. I said, "Sorry sir I won't do that again I'm inexperienced in that field I didn't understand that".
He told me to get out. But one my senior colleagues who is I think somehow related to the boss told me not to worry about. He'll manage it and will make the boss understand that I'm this and that and told me to come to work from next day.
Now the question is, "SHOULD I GO BACK TO WORK IF THEY TELL ME JOIN AGAIN?"
Money is a issue for me but not too much, I don't want to sit around the house whole day and doing nothing!
The lesson to learn here is not to anything that can be construed a misconduct. You should know by now not to watch YT at work.

If they take you back, then consider yourself lucky and work hard. If not, just make sure you live and learn.
Reply 2
Original post by Guru Jason
The lesson to learn here is not to anything that can be construed a misconduct. You should know by now not to watch YT at work.

If they take you back, then consider yourself lucky and work hard. If not, just make sure you live and learn.

But bro how do I have to show my face in front of my other colleagues?! that's the problem
Original post by Basit Peyal
But bro how do I have to show my face in front of my other colleagues?! that's the problem

Does what they say/think affect how you work? If you keep your job, for a short while, keep your head down and show how professional you can be. What they say or think doesn't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending