The Student Room Group

Boy touched my leg and I didn’t like it? Is that harassment?

Hello,
So this is hard but a lad in my class in school stroked my leg up and down in class I have skirt and tights on. I didn’t react or say no I froze. He tried to uncross my legs but I said really firm. I felt so uncomfortable. I need to talk this through with someone but wondered was this my fault?
After the teacher made me go to the photo copier. I was so scared I made another friend come with me but didn’t explain why
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Make sure he knows you didn't like and make it clear you will report him to a teacher if it happens again
Original post by posierose
Hello,
So this is hard but a lad in my class in school stroked my leg up and down in class I have skirt and tights on. I didn’t react or say no I froze. He tried to uncross my legs but I said really firm. I felt so uncomfortable. I need to talk this through with someone but wondered was this my fault?

Confront him at least and tell him you didn't like what he did.
Reply 3
Original post by Rock Fan
Confront him at least and tell him you didn't like what he did.

Do you think I’m making a fuss over morning
Hello,
After the teacher made me go to the photo copier. I was so scared I made another friend come with me but didn’t explain why

It isnt your fault!!

You need to tell him you didnt like that though, and not to do it again. However , you could tell a teacher, and the schoolin my view shoudl take it seriously.

No, if he is touching your leg on purpose then you should at least have a word with him.
Hello,

Think about it like consent, doing nothing and saying nothing is NOT the same as yes.

I would say you have two options, you could either confront him about it or if he tries to do it again confront him then. Whatever you do make sure that it is clear that you will take it to teachers/police if he continues. Just remember this can be classed as sexual abuse.
Reply 7
Original post by Jack22031994
It isnt your fault!!

You need to tell him you didnt like that though,
and not to do it again. However , you could tell a teacher, and the schoolin my view shoudl take it seriously.

I really need to hear that thank you
I really need to hear that thank you

No problem. I hope it doesnt happen again.
Reply 9
Original post by tuftyispie
Think about it like consent, doing nothing and saying nothing is NOT the same as yes.

I would say you have two options, you could either confront him about it or if he tries to do it again confront him then. Whatever you do make sure that it is clear that you will take it to teachers/police if he continues. Just remember this can be classed as sexual abuse.

Really? I never thought this would happen to me? I’m feel so much guilt. I really want to tell someone but I’m scared of the reprocussions
Reply 10
yes of course
Reply 11
(Original post by Jack22031994)No problem. I hope it doesnt happen again.

Your an angel
Reply 12
Original post by ANM775
Make sure he knows you didn't like and make it clear you will report him to a teacher if it happens again

What happens if he turns it onto me
Really? I never thought this would happen to me? I’m feel so much guilt. I really want to tell someone but I’m scared of the reprocussions

You shouldn't feel guilty, it isn't your fault. I'm gonna make a presumption that you did not tell him to stop because you were scared that he would humiliate you. I would advise telling someone, your teachers will understand what you are/were feeling.
Reply 14
Original post by tuftyispie
You shouldn't feel guilty, it isn't your fault. I'm gonna make a presumption that you did not tell him to stop because you were scared that he would humiliate you. I would advise telling someone, your teachers will understand what you are/were feeling.

Your so accurate

Not at all! nobody has the right to touch you without your consent, especially in that way. Make sure you tell a teacher you trust as he needs to know that this sort of behaviour is not okay and that he can't get away with it.
your not making a fuss, that is harassment and you should report it. its not your fault and your not over reacting.
Your so accurate

Your school will probably have a counsellor, he will have training in what to do in these situations, he will also keep it confidential. If you don't have a counsellor your form tutor or your favourite teacher is the next best thing, talk to them about what has happened, tell them everything about what happened and how you feel.
Reply 18
I would honestly I want to but they will tell people other teachers and my parents
Reply 19
What happens if he turns it onto me

I doubt he'd get very far with that

especially if it's a female teacher..

Latest

Trending

Trending