The Student Room Group

University open day clothing choices

Hey guys,

I’m going to the Myerscough Preston campus and Hartpury Uni open days

What would be appropriate clothing for this?

Would leggings and a smart jumper be okay? Like the 2 in 1 shirt jumpers, and some black or grey converse.

Or do I need to go more like my mum says with smart black shoes, a skirt, and a blouse with a blazer or cardigan?
Original post by Animalstudent
Hey guys,

Would leggings and a smart jumper be okay? Like the 2 in 1 shirt jumpers, and some black or grey converse.

Or do I need to go more like my mum says with smart black shoes, a skirt, and a blouse with a blazer or cardigan?

I would wear something comfortable as you'll be doing a lot of walking around!

Lucy
Hey guys,

Open days are a great opportunity for you to get a feel of the place and to see if you can really imagine studying there for a few years.

Just relax and wear what you would normally wear. It's not a job interview so I wouldn't recommend a blazer, unless that's what you feel comfortable with.
Hey guys,

I've gone to a few with my kids and most people are wearing jeans or leggings
Hey guys,

I wore jeans and a t-shirt with a pun on it and a hoodie to all the open days I went to. You don’t have to dress smart it’s not an interview. I would suggest comfortable shoes as you will probably be doing a lot of walking.
Hey guys,

nobody will even notice you tbh everyone will be with their parents
Hey guys,

Just be yourself and wear as comfortable as possible. Seeing you are going to Universities for "animal" course, so wear comfortable footwear as you may need to do a "Walking Tour" around the farm/horse stud - both indoors and outdoors. Good luck
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending