The Student Room Group

I don't feel attracted to guys my own age...

I am 19, in my first year at university and I don't have much experience in dating. I don't think there's been anyone I've met that I have genuinely 'fallen' for. Yes, boys my age can be fun to hang out with on a night out, but if I'm honest I don't find them very interesting to talk to - and they just feel too young to start a serious relationship with. They may look cute and hot and muscular and all that, but what I'm really interested in is maturity, trust, commitment, loyalty - which don't really exist in 18-22 years old boys.

I remember coming across a 31-year-old man on a dating app and we chatted for 5... 6 hours straight. He was so intriguing to chat with that I literally could not put down my phone. I felt a really strong emotional connection between us that I've never experienced with boys my own age. Even sexting is far more fun with older men (lol) than boys my age, who usually just say cheesy and cringey things.

Is anyone able to give me some advice on what I should do? Should I be friends with boys my age and see where it leads? Or just try to meet older men through dating apps etc?
Down to you. You can make friends with guys your age, get to know them and see where it leads and/or you can meet older men through online dating websites, apps and even speed dating.
Original post by Anonymous
I am 19, in my first year at university and I don't have much experience in dating. I don't think there's been anyone I've met that I have genuinely 'fallen' for. Yes, boys my age can be fun to hang out with on a night out, but if I'm honest I don't find them very interesting to talk to - and they just feel too young to start a serious relationship with. They may look cute and hot and muscular and all that, but what I'm really interested in is maturity, trust, commitment, loyalty - which don't really exist in 18-22 years old boys.

I remember coming across a 31-year-old man on a dating app and we chatted for 5... 6 hours straight. He was so intriguing to chat with that I literally could not put down my phone. I felt a really strong emotional connection between us that I've never experienced with boys my own age. Even sexting is far more fun with older men (lol) than boys my age, who usually just say cheesy and cringey things.

Is anyone able to give me some advice on what I should do? Should I be friends with boys my age and see where it leads? Or just try to meet older men through dating apps etc?

I mean there’s bound to be boys your age who are able to hold a conversation. It does however look like many guys aren’t as intriguing when it comes to conversation and they do get kinda cringe my with what they say (I talk to many girls on Tinder, and honestly it’s boring.)
Sometimes I do go for older women since they are more mature and they actually know how to start a conversation.
Reply 3
Completely up to you. It also depends on the type of guys as well.
Some who will be shy, but have a whole lot of interesting topics to discuss with you.
Or others who are arrogant and aggressive, but look attractive and hot.

I've always been very good at making friends, but not at dating / relationships. I'm just a very easy person to talk to and have an awesome social time with.

You do You!
Original post by Anonymous
maturity, trust, commitment, loyalty - which don't really exist in 18-22 years old boys.

excuse me....
Bit of an over generalisation, no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending