The Student Room Group

Friends? Sixth form💔

I’m not sure if I want to go to my schools sixth form due to me not actually having my own friendship group and I don’t want it to continue being like that . I want to meet new people and have a fresh start, Ik sixth isn’t about friends but i’d like a change
(edited 5 years ago)
You choice, but believe me it changes. At least for me - i went to a same-sex school, and sixth form is mixed. Literally friendship groups changed instantly. It was quite a sight lol.
I started 6th form in September and can honestly tell you, I felt the exact same. However, a word of advice, since September I have changed and so has who I surround myself with. I've got a whole new bunch of friends even though they're the same people I've gone to school with since year 7. It is a lot about friends because I believe that there is a huge social side to 6th form, but honestly, you'll become friends with people you never previously saw yourself with.
Reply 3
I would recommend going to a sixth form college in that case. Everyone is new and looking for friends. If you apply to sixth form that is part of a high school then most friendship groups are set with a slight few alterations. I would encourage you to look at a sixth form based on quality of teaching because that will help you get through stress not necessarily friends because they will also be stressed and sometimes you cold feel like a burden by adding to their problems.
Original post by Safsssx
I’m not sure if I want to go to my schools sixth form due to me not actually having my own friendship group and I don’t want it to continue being like that . I want to meet new people and have a fresh start, Ik sixth isn’t about friends but it’d help getting through the stress of sixth form.

no i see where ur coming from, especially in sixth form where ur more independent and everything :smile:
it can be really hard, but maybe there are people in ur year who could be good friends, it's just that u haven't really gotten to know them well yet?
also, your academics are important too - go where u feel you'll flourish :smile: hope it helps x
Reply 5
For me in year 11 I didn’t have very many friends and wasn’t that sociable. All the friends I had in year 11 left at the end of the year and went to college, but I stayed at my schools sixth form. Fortunately about half my year group left, and many new people joined. Now, I personally really like the mixture between meeting new people, and knowing old people. I’ve spoken to old people that I’ve not spoken to, and new people, and feel comfortable and confident about my place in sixth form. September of year 12 is very stressful as it’s new faces, a whole new ball game of a levels. People frantically change subjects, impending stress of university, being introduced to coursework etc. I personally liked the fact I knew my school, and people in it, but the change of loads of people kept it fresh and new for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending