The Student Room Group

Coworker problem ?

Recently a new male coworker joined our team at work I caught him staring a few times but nothing too obvious. He then started to bump into me accidentally and then to the point of it being planned or I assume. He sent me an email the other day saying 'How he could look, at the view he has all day' I messaged him to say that I am seeing someone I told him he shouldn't be saying these things but he said If you like someone you will proceed, I find this very weird and I'm scared to tell my boyfriend but this guy doesn't seem to care at all, he seems to have gotten more forward telling me how pretty he thinks I am, I just don't know what to do?

He is lucky I'm not a serious person, as this is really harassment, is he a stalker?
Report him to Mr Boss.
Original post by Anonymous
Recently a new male coworker joined our team at work I caught him staring a few times but nothing too obvious. He then started to bump into me accidentally and then to the point of it being planned or I assume. He sent me an email the other day saying 'How he could look, at the view he has all day' I messaged him to say that I am seeing someone I told him he shouldn't be saying these things but he said If you like someone you will proceed, I find this very weird and I'm scared to tell my boyfriend but this guy doesn't seem to care at all, he seems to have gotten more forward telling me how pretty he thinks I am, I just don't know what to do?

He is lucky I'm not a serious person, as this is really harassment, is he a stalker?

Why you scared to tell your boyfriend lol, you haven’t done anything wrong. If his actions become too much though either tell your boss/boyfriend/police
Get printed copies of the emails he sends you and also keep pdf copies of them.
Keep a written diary record of all the incidents where he has made passes at you, touched you, followed you, sent you suggestive messages or made you feel uncomfortable in another way. Days, dates, times, locations and what he did/said.

Then when you have all the evidence tell your manager, boss and union rep if you are a union member.
Ask them and send them a letter asking them to help prevent further sexual harassment from this individual while you are at work.
Keep a record of your notification and all conversations about this with your manager and boss.
Acquiring the reputation of office sex pest that harasses female coworkers should be enough to shame him into stopping.
Unless he is a vile creep and proud pest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending