The Student Room Group

My boyfriend wants me to get the patch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AzureCeleste
He probably doesn't want to wear a condom the whole time
Like he has to respect your choice but you can understand his frustration as there are other ways of preventing babies which would mean he could enjoy sex more

Really? Making a real change to your body vs sticking something mildly uncomfortable on your penis? Yeah, it’s exactly the same.

If he doesn’t respect you enough to wear a condom, then move on.
Original post by Anonymous
Really? Making a real change to your body vs sticking something mildly uncomfortable on your penis? Yeah, it’s exactly the same.

If he doesn’t respect you enough to wear a condom, then move on.

I said there are other options- like the female condom also prevents children but doesn't mean has to wear a condom
Reply 42
He isn’t even talking to me now! He just said on text are you going to the doctors or am I not going to talk to you for a month.
I said there are other options- like the female condom also prevents children but doesn't mean has to wear a condom
Yes but female condoms arnt at all as effective as male condoms are. Search it up if you dont believe me.
Original post by Okay12055
He isn’t even talking to me now! He just said on text are you going to the doctors or am I not going to talk to you for a month.

Mature. How old is he? You should probably delete/block his number.
Reply 45
He is 20. This is his first ever relationship. Plus he lives with me as well
Mature. How old is he? You should probably delete/block his number.
Reply 46
wow he sounds so immature, it really is out of order to not speak to you for not going on contraception. and completely not going to solve the issue!

for you though (completely disregarding him) it might be worth talking to a contraceptive nurse about your options. condoms are not 100% effective by any means and there may be a different method available which has less effect on you. if you dont want to get pregnant by accident its still worth looking into it!

but that's to protect you! hes ridiculous to demand not to wear a condom really
Reply 47
I think we need a good chat! We both need to go and see the nurse and to see what the best result is
Original post by sotor
wow he sounds so immature, it really is out of order to not speak to you for not going on contraception. and completely not going to solve the issue!

for you though (completely disregarding him) it might be worth talking to a contraceptive nurse about your options. condoms are not 100% effective by any means and there may be a different method available which has less effect on you. if you dont want to get pregnant by accident its still worth looking into it!

but that's to protect you! hes ridiculous to demand not to wear a condom really
I'd say get out of the relationship now. I mean, I sympathise with guys not wanting to use condoms as I'm a girl and don't really like using them... but pressuring your partner and trying to guilt-trip her into going on contraception is just wrong. It's your choice and he shouldn't be trying to dictate that to you. Threatening to not talk to you is beyond immature.

Personally, I prefer other contraception as it's more effective/reliable (based on perfect and typical use), so I trust it more to prevent pregnancy. And I like the side effects (no periods or any of the horrible cramps, PMS etc. I used to get). So I tend to stay on it even when I'm single. But it's not for everyone and it should be your personal decision.
This guy sounds bullying, self-centered and immature.
He won't take no for an answer and is determined to hound you into getting a patch.
Quite soon the ultimatum will come from him- 'get a batch by x date or I will dump you'.
Ditch him and warn your female friends so he doesn't try the same thing with them.

Some feminist groups call this "reproductive coercion" and define it as a form of domestic abuse that women are subjected to be controlling male partners.
He is 20. This is his first ever relationship. Plus he lives with me as well

He’s not going to talk to you for a month, but you live together? He sounds 10, if that.

Do you live together or does he live with you? There are better catches out there judging from what you’ve posted.
Reply 51
Thank you for that. It’s been going on for about 2-3 months now.
Original post by sophia5892
I'd say get out of the relationship now. I mean, I sympathise with guys not wanting to use condoms as I'm a girl and don't really like using them... but pressuring your partner and trying to guilt-trip her into going on contraception is just wrong. It's your choice and he shouldn't be trying to dictate that to you. Threatening to not talk to you is beyond immature.

Personally, I prefer other contraception as it's more effective/reliable (based on perfect and typical use), so I trust it more to prevent pregnancy. And I like the side effects (no periods or any of the horrible cramps, PMS etc. I used to get). So I tend to stay on it even when I'm single. But it's not for everyone and it should be your personal decision.
Reply 52
He lives with me
He’s not going to talk to you for a month, but you live together? He sounds 10, if that.

Do you live together or does he live with you? There are better catches out there judging from what you’ve posted.
Agreed; the man sounds immature at best and an ass at worst.
Original post by londonmyst
He won't take no for an answer and is determined to hound you into getting a patch.
Quite soon the ultimatum will come from him- 'get a batch by x date or I will dump you'.
Ditch him and warn your female friends so he doesn't try the same thing with them.

Some feminist groups call this "reproductive coercion" and define it as a form of domestic abuse that women are subjected to be controlling male partners.
Reply 54
He is legit like that when it comes to the patch. But when we don’t talk about it he is the nicest person ever
Original post by londonmyst

I think he is not yet ready to be a father
Reply 56
😂😂😂
Original post by E.S.O
I think he is not yet ready to be a father
He lives with me

You’re probably looking after him financially and emotionally. He also expects you to look after his sexual needs in the way he demands it. I don’t think you need any more red flags.
Reply 58
Thank you x
You’re probably looking after him financially and emotionally. He also expects you to look after his sexual needs in the way he demands it. I don’t think you need any more red flags.
Point out that even if you DID experiment with patches/pills/implants....he would STILL be wearing a ******wrap, see how interested he is then.

Also I'd totally call his bluff on the month of not talking to you, sounds awesome, start buying condoms and telling him they're not for him.

(are you actually kidding me? someone added s.h...long' to the swear filter? :tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending