The Student Room Group

dealing with not being ‘good enough’ for dream uni

The entry requirements for my dream uni are exceptionally high, and I know it'll be a waste of an application, there's really no chance of being invited to interview. I know this isn't an uncommon occurrence - so I just wanted advice on how people have dealt with the feeling of disappointment? I've had the prospect of that uni motivating me for the past few years, through some very rough patches (even though I tried to be pragmatic and not get my heart stuck on to a single place).
I just don't know whether I'll be happy anywhere else, that city had elements of everything.
Thank you and all the best :tongue:
P.S. no rude comments please! I'm not interested if you've apparently got more fortitude than me and think I'm being over sensitive.
Who has told you that you’re not good enough?

The point is, you should set a dream, imagine it coming true, understand what steps are needed for that dream to come true, create a plan to follow those steps and then execute that plan.

You get to put 5 unis on your UCAS application and there’s no reason why one of them can’t be your dream Uni and only you can decide whether you want to go there enough to apply and do what’s needed to get a place
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending