The Student Room Group

My boyfriend wants me to get the patch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Okay12055
He is legit like that when it comes to the patch. But when we don’t talk about it he is the nicest person ever

So was my ex, caring and very charming.
Until he stopped getting his own way.
The mask dropped instantly upon hearing the words "no more" and "bye".

For me it began with the ex wanting to control contraception, then information (always needing to know where I was and who with).
Ended when I walked out after discovering from his favourite pair of sex workers that he had std's, secret hobbies and no desire to share this info with me.
Looking back, the signs something was badly wrong in the relationship dynamic were present and had been obvious for almost two years.
I just wouldn't see them- because I was in love and needed him.
Reply 61
I’m sorry to hear that :frown:
Original post by londonmyst

For me it began with the ex wanting to control contraception, then information (always needing to know where I was and who with).
Ended when I walked out after discovering from his favourite pair of sex workers that he had std's, secret hobbies and no desire to share this info with me.
Looking back, the signs something was badly wrong in the relationship dynamic were present and had been obvious for almost two years.

Good for you. Not wanting to be controlled by him anymore.
You might have loved him but your dignity mattered more and you couldn’t be pushed around or lied to anymore.
Hoping better times will come for you and you find a better man to be with :smile:
Original post by Professional G
Good for you. Not wanting to be controlled by him anymore.
You might have loved him but your dignity mattered more and you couldn’t be pushed around or lied to anymore.
Hoping better times will come for you and you find a better man to be with :smile:

Some of the best guys I know have four paws, a tail and long wet tongues.
They would be perfect but for tendencies towards: audacious sausage roll thefts, muddy ball games and fleeing at high speeds to avoid having their teeth brushed. :tongue:
Some of the best guys I know have four paws, a tail and long wet tongues.
They would be perfect but for tendencies towards: audacious sausage roll thefts, muddy ball games and fleeing at high speeds to avoid having their teeth brushed. :tongue:

You’re welcome
At this point, they may just call dogs a girl’s best friend too lol
I don’t know if i’m just been in this site for too long but some guys really don’t know how to respect their girlfriends.
It’s not even that difficult. Just respect them and treat them every once in a while. They are human beings too. It’s not hard
(Then again, I haven’t been in a relationship yet I wouldn’t know :tongue:)
He isn’t even talking to me now! He just said on text are you going to the doctors or am I not going to talk to you for a month.

Say, you will consider going to the doctor's but only if you properly discuss it first. Let him hear you out and you him out. (if its purely for his pleasure then ask why his pleasure is more important than your health)
Original post by Cloudiii
Yes but female condoms arnt at all as effective as male condoms are. Search it up if you dont believe me.

True. Difference is slight (79% vs 85%) and it all depends on how people use them and if they use it properly (if used properly its 95 vs 98)
get patched, lmao rawr
he needs to go sis!
I’ve told him that I don’t want to go on any contraception. I just want my body to be normal.( if you get what I mean ) He says nearly everyday will you go to the doctors and get the patch. I’ve told him loads of times that I don’t want it. He goes in a moody with me all the time about it.
Personally I wouldn’t rely on condoms for prevention from pregnancy, but even if you did find a form of contraception that works for you, he would still have to wear one so that no one gets any STDs.

I tried about 5 or 6 different types/brands of contraception before I found something that worked for me, so maybe talk to your boyfriend about the fact you have different options from the patch & also find out why he wants you to take hormonal contraceptives, and if you do decide to or even just want more information then talk to your doctor/nurse about it too.

The situation you’re is a red flag but I don’t know what your relationship is like, or his intentions/thoughts so I can’t really say anything about it.

I hope everything works out for you!x
Reply 69
Block his number, change the locks and dump him. He's a child. Don't bother with guys like that, there are many more mature men out there far more worth your time.
Reply 70
I going to talk to him! Hopefully he will understand. Our relationship is amazing. But when it comes to the sex it’s a different story. Thank You
Original post by Anonymous
Personally I wouldn’t rely on condoms for prevention from pregnancy, but even if you did find a form of contraception that works for you, he would still have to wear one so that no one gets any STDs.

I tried about 5 or 6 different types/brands of contraception before I found something that worked for me, so maybe talk to your boyfriend about the fact you have different options from the patch & also find out why he wants you to take hormonal contraceptives, and if you do decide to or even just want more information then talk to your doctor/nurse about it too.

The situation you’re is a red flag but I don’t know what your relationship is like, or his intentions/thoughts so I can’t really say anything about it.

I hope everything works out for you!x
I going to talk to him! Hopefully he will understand. Our relationship is amazing. But when it comes to the sex it’s a different story. Thank You

In what way is your relationship amazing? Does he pay anything towards the rent etc?
Say you'll go on the patch, stick a bit of coloured tape on your arm but then say it's killed your sex drive and makes him smell 'wrong', wrinkle your nose a bit whenever you talk to him. :tongue:
It's your choice don't let him control you. Do what you want
Reply 74
Yeah he does x
Original post by YaliaV
In what way is your relationship amazing? Does he pay anything towards the rent etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending