The Student Room Group

Stuck between Snow Island or Storthes Hall... (Huddersfield)

So I've applied for Huddersfield University and their Computing BSc course as well as made it my firm choice. The problem is deciding on the accommodation I want to stay in. I've heard good things about both places, it's just deciding which one I want to go to... The general gist of them are:

Snow Island: Student Hall right next to the university (I have to walk 2 minutes from the dorms to class) and in the middle of the city, costs £4180 but 1/3 of that is due before September. Pretty small and fits around 300 people. Owned by a UK Accommodation provider.

Storthes Hall: Student Village 20 minutes away from the University with a bus going every 20 minutes to and from the town centre. 1300 people there, costs £3400 and only pay £300 until October. Includes a gym, gaming room/cinema/events held every day and night and parties, and is pretty social but there's always the rooms you can go to. Owned/Ran by the university.

I'm looking for somewhere where I'll feel the most at home and be able to meet a load of people including some like myself (basically a nerd/gamer) but also can escape to my room for some time to myself. I love the social aspect of Storthes Hall and how many things go on there as well as how many people are there (plus a friend from a previous school highly recommends it) but I love how close Snow Island is to everywhere, especially if I'm going to get a job at a nearby shop or the student union shop, though it'll have less people...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending