The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer need help

I sat my A levels last year achieving good grades, i decided to take a gap year and apply for a better course. I got an unconditional offer from a university today and 2 weeks ago i sent an email to my exam officer of the school to cancel my resits. Sadly, they have not replied to confirm withdrwal of my exam. I cancelled my exams because i did not need them as I already had good grades and i have been really ill lately so i did not want stress. Will me not attending exams affect my place at university eventhough i have the grades already? I am really ill, apologies of i did not make any sense.
Email the admissions at the university and ask them. What were the requirements of your offer if you had any?
Reply 2
I already met them, Abb. I have certificates aswell. This is the resits im talking about.
Then it should be fine to withdraw but definitely email just to make sure.
if you have put on your ucas form you are taking the resits they can if they so wish withdraw any offer if you dont take them as you have changed the contract. Whether they will I suspect is doubtful. Contact the university and advise them you have cancelled them because of illness.
I would email the university too and explain so even if you do end up not attending your exams and get a fail, they should still keep the higher grade (the ones you got last year).
Reply 6
I told my uni already, thats why the offer is unconditional.
Reply 7
The issue is the exam officer not confirming withdrawal.
Original post by jAlAl12362
I told my uni already, thats why the offer is unconditional.

Original post by jAlAl12362
The issue is the exam officer not confirming withdrawal.

Then it doesn't matter, give them time. Or if you really want, just phone them and check what's going on.

But as you have unconditional it won't matter.

And even if you are not withdrawn, the exam board(s) should keep the highest grades. (Check just in case)
Honestly it’s probably worth just turning up for the exams and trying. If you improve on one or two subjects that would definitely be worth it. There’s no stress as you already have good enough grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending