The Student Room Group

How can I grow taller without genetics?

I'm 12, and I'm 4'9". I like my height, proud of it. But I wanna catch up with my tall friends. How can I grow taller without genetics?

Scroll to see replies

U have time mate dw average person doesnt stop growing until the age of 21
Really?!! Thats cool! But some say u'll stop growing when your about 18
Original post by Strawpieface
U have time mate dw average person doesnt stop growing until the age of 21
No u won't u body is made up of cells and tissues which are constantly growing at the early ages the growth is rapid but over time the rate of growth diminishes but u r still growing just at a slower rate which isn't that noticeable
lol im 17 and im 4’10
Wow, I suck at science:u:
But that's cool to know! So I'll still grow?
No u won't u body is made up of cells and tissues which are constantly growing at the early ages the growth is rapid but over time the rate of growth diminishes but u r still growing just at a slower rate which isn't that noticeable
Yh u will still grow dw and I would recommend stretching and stuff play basketball ball mainly just do physical exercise and u should be fine with a balanced diet :smile:
Okay! I'm a good athlete at school, tho I don't do much basketball. But I'll reconsider it! But What types of foods are preferable for height increase?
Yh u will still grow dw and I would recommend stretching and stuff play basketball ball mainly just do physical exercise and u should be fine with a balanced diet :smile:
Protein is wht helps u grown but u shouldnt just consume protein highly so try have a balanced diet
Reply 9
Original post by themajestic.raee
I'm 12, and I'm 4'9". I like my height, proud of it. But I wanna catch up with my tall friends. How can I grow taller without genetics?

We've had this conversation already. You can't.

/thread
I'm gonna give it ago anyway
Original post by Tootles
We've had this conversation already. You can't.

/thread
I'm gonna give it ago anyway

"I'm twelve and know better than an adult" :rolleyes: OK, you go ahead with your bad self.
Nothing wrong w being curios boy Ur body 🙃
What? Thats not what I meant! I didn't mean to be like that, okay? I'm just saying that maybe its possible, and when it happens, I'll get back to you. Don't take this the wrong way:frown:
Original post by Tootles
"I'm twelve and know better than an adult" :rolleyes: OK, you go ahead with your bad self.
What? Thats not what I meant! I didn't mean to be like that, okay? I'm just saying that maybe its possible, and when it happens, I'll get back to you. Don't take this the wrong way:frown:

There isn't a waym it's self-evident. All you can do is maximize what you have. Eat properly, get the sleep you need, keep your bowels and bladder in good working order. If there was some other way we could get ourselves to grow more, humanity would be a race of giants by now.

Why does it even bother you so much?
I dunnno. My friends keep teasing me about my height; I even get bullied most of the time by taller people in my grade. It hurts, really, getting bullied by 12 year old boys who are like, 5'5".
Original post by Tootles
There isn't a waym it's self-evident. All you can do is maximize what you have. Eat properly, get the sleep you need, keep your bowels and bladder in good working order. If there was some other way we could get ourselves to grow more, humanity would be a race of giants by now.

Why does it even bother you so much?
I dunnno. My friends keep teasing me about my height; I even get bullied most of the time by taller people in my grade. It hurts, really, getting bullied by 12 year old boys who are like, 5'5".

They're teasing because it gets to you. Stop letting it get to you. At your age I was probably about the same height as you. I made it to 5'7" very quickly between the sages of 12 and 16. Stop worrying and stop letting it get to you. There are more important things to think about.
Like what?:confused:
Original post by Tootles
They're teasing because it gets to you. Stop letting it get to you. At your age I was probably about the same height as you. I made it to 5'7" very quickly between the sages of 12 and 16. Stop worrying and stop letting it get to you. There are more important things to think about.
Like what?:confused:

Like your education, hobbies, interests, whatever.
I am currently focusing on that already, well, mostly education. My hobbies and interests are on the line. Education is still stuck for me
Original post by Tootles
Like your education, hobbies, interests, whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest